hey Atlanta peops!!!

Back on topic:

Tomahawk.gif

Didn't see it, but very impressive.

I hope that Felix Hernandez gets the cy young this year. His win/loss isn't impressive, but that isn't his fault. His era in the American league is outstanding, and he also pitched 6 complete games which is good for 3rd in the league.

I read that thread title as "Hey Atlanta preops!!!!!"

--And was a bit mystified as to how many pre-operative transgenders there were likely to be on this Forum :)

Oh, and Go Braves!

Hmmm...where oh where to begin with the deflections:

1) You know DAMN WELL Posey was OUT at second...and you know DAMN WELL I'm right;

2) Isn't it ironic that the San Francisco Giants had to rely on a Georgia boy to score the winning run for them;

3) If it weren't for that home-cooking you got from the umpire crew, we would've gone at least 14 innings before somebody won 1 to 0;

4) Actually, I thank the baseball gods for the bad call at second...otherwise, soccer fans would've actually made fun of us for going 14 innings (4-plus hours) of 0 to 0 baseball;

5) Oh yeah...you may have won, but you still have to live in San Francisco (oh...wait a minute...I hear San Francisco is actually REALLY nice...sorry, but I'm used to talking smack on the message boards with Phucktards from Philly);

6) How 'bout that Falcons SMACKDOWN of the 49ers last week (I usually don't resort to bringing up entirely different sports, but I'm desperate here...my baseball team just got beat by a dope-smoking hippie from the home of grunge...I'm at that point where I'll even resort to Arena Football and WNBA references, if it makes me feel better);

7) At this point, I don't even care who wins...I simply pray to the baseball gods that the final score of each remaining game is 8 to 7 (lest the soccer fans have something to gloat about);

8) All kidding aside...the one thing that drove me nuts this year was when the Braves would lose like 2- or 3- to zero...everyone would say "the pitching is 'falling apart'...it's like they're pitching batting practice"...yet nobody mentioned the fact that you can't win when you score ZERO runs (not even in fucking soccer, believe it or not). Tonight, the freak was on fire, and that was ultimately the difference...we could've played all night, and San Francisco would've finally scored a run at like 6 AM, so I thank your homer umpires for saving me the trouble of staying up all night to see the same result.

9) Hanson will OWN you guys tomorrow night, and we will come back to ATL with a 1-1 split, with home field on our side, and Huddy ready to take the mound. BOOK IT...

hahaha okay... Um dont want to talk about the Niners, they should have won both games vs Atlanta and New Orleans but lost in the last minute...Horeshit!!

Cain will out pitch your boy tonight and we will go to Atlanta with a 2-0 lead

Posey was out but I couldn't tell until they did a replay and none of the Atlanta players on the field reacted, so come see, come saw, yee haw!!

I dont care where Buster is from, he is AWESOME

You forgot one sport too, Sharks will crush the Thrashers even though I see vast improvement by Atlanta this year

Oh yeah Hanson fouled a ball of his noggin yesterday in batting practice, hmmmm should be interesting

San Francisco is a nice place to visit but I live near San Jose, I will never live in San Francisco again. its where I was born but way to many people not enough parking :devil:

Bear

hahaha okay... Um dont want to talk about the Niners, they should have won both games vs Atlanta and New Orleans but lost in the last minute...Horeshit!!

You're right about that. I feel bad for the Niners...they've played some good football, but haven't (yet) been rewarded. I was certainly pulling for you guys in that Saints game!

Cain will out pitch your boy tonight and we will go to Atlanta with a 2-0 lead

Well, I guess we were each about half right with our predictions: Cain looked really good, and Hanson made a couple of bad mistakes...but I'll certainly take it!

Posey was out but I couldn't tell until they did a replay and none of the Atlanta players on the field reacted, so come see, come saw, yee haw!!

I knew immediately the dude was out, but I was surprised by the half-hearted reaction last night...Bobby made up for it tonight, though :lol:

You forgot one sport too, Sharks will crush the Thrashers even though I see vast improvement by Atlanta this year

Oh, I didn't forget...just too early to determine if the new-look Thrashers will allow me the opportunity to talk some smack :lol: Tonight was certainly a good start; right now I'm just hoping Pavelec will be okay.

Good luck on Sunday...you're going to need it in OUR house :devil:

Congrats Bear!!! While I'm disappointed in the result, it ended up being a really entertaining series, with late-inning dramatics, just as October baseball should be.

Good luck against "the phightin's"!!! If we had to lose the series, I'm glad it happened tonight, because a) I wanted it to end for Bobby here at home, and b) now you have the extra time for rest, set the rotation, etc. (although it obviously would've been cool for you guys if you could've celebrated the victory at home).

Damn...now all I have to look forward to is the Thrashers having to face Nittymaki in San Jose...it doesn't matter what jersey (sweater) he is wearing, and it doesn't matter who is wearing our jersey (sweater), dude always manages to pull some kind of Jedi mind trick on us o_O

One final parting/cheap shot...they ought to change the name from the 49ers to the 59ers, because they only play 59 minutes of football :p

Thanks dude! Yeah it was a very tight and pretty damn entertaining series...The Freak vs Halladay, that is going to be one for the books...

I dont think Niittimaki is going to get the home opener start, I think it will be Niemi and I dont think it will be to loong before Niemi is going to be named starter too....

49ers will beat the Raider this weekend, thats all I have to say about that...

Should be a great weekend for bay area sports :)

Have a good one

Congrats Bear!!! While I'm disappointed in the result, it ended up being a really entertaining series, with late-inning dramatics, just as October baseball should be.

Good luck against "the phightin's"!!! If we had to lose the series, I'm glad it happened tonight, because a) I wanted it to end for Bobby here at home, and b) now you have the extra time for rest, set the rotation, etc. (although it obviously would've been cool for you guys if you could've celebrated the victory at home).

Damn...now all I have to look forward to is the Thrashers having to face Nittymaki in San Jose...it doesn't matter what jersey (sweater) he is wearing, and it doesn't matter who is wearing our jersey (sweater), dude always manages to pull some kind of Jedi mind trick on us o_O

One final parting/cheap shot...they ought to change the name from the 49ers to the 59ers, because they only play 59 minutes of football :p

Kudos also to the Giants for interrupting their celebration to pay some homage to Bobby Cox. Pretty classy.

Good luck against the Phillies.....looks like you'll need it. Boy, they're tough!