HIBRIA Cancels North American Tour and ProgPower USA

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
HIBRIA has canceled their ProgPower USA appearance, as well as all of their North American tour dates. The band has issued a statement via press release and no further comments will be made from anyone on our camp.

Expect Glenn to announce contingency plans at some point tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
This really sucks. First time that I made it to Atlanta BEFORE a bands cancels. I feel really, really bad for Glenn, Hibria's sponsors, and Hibria's fan.

Rhetorical questions: Did Hibria really just find this out now? If they didn't have their visas by early August, shouldn't they have let Glenn and the fans know so that adjustments/contingency plans could be made? I have to say that it seems like other bands were much more upfront and transparent about their visa situation. I try to stay positive on the PP forum, but the cynic in me wonders if the band simply isn't giving us the straight story. Even if we have been given the straight story, it is inexcusably late. I feel really bad that Glenn and the PP fans have to put up with such shit.

Enough said, we have four incredibly fantastic days ahead of us!

Rhetorical questions: Did Hibria really just find this out now? If they didn't have their visas by early August, shouldn't they have let Glenn and the fans know so that adjustments/contingency plans could be made? I have to say that it seems like other bands were much more upfront and transparent about their visa situation. I try to stay positive on the PP forum, but the cynic in me wonders if the band simply isn't giving us the straight story. Even if we have been given the straight story, it is inexcusably late. I feel really bad that Glenn and the PP fans have to put up with such shit.

Perhaps Hibria already had their visas unofficially "guaranteed" by a certain date, and then the officials went back on that schedule and asked for more information a few days ago? There was no announcement that the visas had been confirmed, unlike other bands. A few days' notice isn't as good as a month's, but it's something better than what we have.

This really sucks. First time that I made it to Atlanta BEFORE a bands cancels. I feel really, really bad for Glenn, Hibria's sponsors, and Hibria's fan.

Enough said, we have four incredibly fantastic days ahead of us!

My first thought was some horrible emergency, but when I saw it had to do with visa issues I thought the exact same thing. Trying to wrap my head around why this news would be coming out so late, and I can't. :confused:

I try to stay positive on the PP forum, but the cynic in me wonders if the band simply isn't giving us the straight story. Even if we have been given the straight story, it is inexcusably late

Well, we don't know what happened, so we shouldn't speculate too hard on it. At least, that's what I've learned over the years. You never know the full story. Just come to ATL and party!

Well, we don't know what happened, so we shouldn't speculate too hard on it. At least, that's what I've learned over the years. You never know the full story. Just come to ATL and party!

Well said and great advice! And yes, we will have a great time and party!!!!!

This visa situation has went passed the point of being ridiculous! I feel very bad for Glenn, Milton, the band and the fans. Personally speaking, I was very much looking forward to Hibria's set at ProgPower.

~Brian~