Hollow Ground - Cold Reality

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Hollow Ground - Cold Reality
Organized Crime Records - OCR011 - 2005
By Brandon Strader

HollowGround-ColdReality.gif

You know you've got a gay hardcore group when the back cover artwork is a photo of a man's small, shaven genitalia. I'm surprised I still have enough eyesight left after seeing that to be able to type this review... This is a pretty short 6-track mini-CD from this Canadian hardcore group.

It's amazing how a group, like Hollow Ground, that sounds like so many other hardcore groups, could even be considered for release... Hardcore seems to be pretty popular nowadays, I suppose. If it's there and can be released, and promises many profits, then why not? The song structure is horrible, and throughout this very short MCD, it's basically hardcore breakdown followed by some powerchords and screaming, and then back to the breakdowns with more screaming.

Cold Reality is really nothing spectacular, but it may serve some purpose in your everyday life. For example, you could use it as a coaster to hold your coffee cup, or perhaps use it as a paper weight? Or my personal favorite, use it to clean out the kitten's litter box. This MCD may have some useful purposes, but it is definitely not for listening.

3/10

UM’s Review Rating Scale

Official Hollow Ground Website
Official Organized Crime Records Website