Hotel Help!

Mephistopheles

The Answer You Seek
Nov 9, 2002
Detroit, MI
Visit site
Does anyone know how far the different hotels listed on the main page are from the venue? Or what the address of Earthlink Live is so I can do searches and things? Pretty much any info on the hotels would be appreciated. I am looking for something within walking distence if possible. Granada Suits is all booked that weekend for the type of room i am looking for! nooo. oh well. I just need to book faaaast.

Thanks for any info!

Ah. I looked around the main page a little more and found some more info that helped out. The FAQ led me to believe all the hotels listed are pretty darn close to the venue. And the address of the venue was there as well.

So where did everyone stay last year? How was it? How much did it set you back?

The Fairfield and Best Western Suites are both inside of a 5 minute walk to the venue. The BW also gets the bands, as a general rule, but it's a lot more expensive than most of the other choices.

Oh, and to answer Mephistopheles, I stayed in the Fairfield last year. It was $70 a night, and it was a bed and a shower. They technically do a continental breakfast, but it's basically a half cup of orange juice and a bad danish, iirc. In other words, don't expect much. The staff was fine; the bathroom door was broken, and it was fixed within twenty minutes of me calling the front desk. No complaints about the place, aside from it being bare bones, and I'll be staying there again this year. I do recommend getting a two-bed room, though; the one-bed room was just big enough for that one bed and a chair. I suspect the two-bed rooms will be proportionately bigger.

Last year I stayed at the Hampton, which was the cheapest of the hotels that were within walking distance to Earthlink. It's not a bad place to stay, but after walking back to my room at 6am on Saturday morning, I realized that I really needed to stay in the same hotel as everyone else - and it seems that it's pretty evenly distributed between the Granada Suites and the Fairfield. I booked a room at the Fairfield for this year since the Granada is still a bit out of my range. If price isn't an issue, I've heard the Residence Inn is quite nice, and is very close to the venue. I'm so jazzed!!! Only 6 months to wait...

Alicia

The best way to find out the distances from hotels to the venue:

Go to http://www.mapquest.com, and head to the "driving directions" section. Then type in the address of the hotel as the starting point, and the address of Earthlink Live as the ending point. It will give you street directions, and also the total distance to the venue.

BTW, I stayed at Courtyard last year, and it was pretty much the same as what I'm hearing about the Fairfield. Rooms were nice & clean, there was a decent lobby with free coffee all day. I'm guessing, but it seemed like about a 10 minute walk to the Earthlink--which wasn't bad at all for me.

I believe you can also go to citysearch and find out distances from hotel to venue, but I just use mapquest because I know how to use it.

Simple. First, do a search on Google.com for the Earthlink Live street address, I think it's 1392 W Peachtree, but double check to be sure. Then, go to expedia.com, and search for your hotel. The site allows you to search for hotels near a particular street address, and will list them in order by distance. This is how I found the Granada Suites, literally a block away. I think they're all booked now, but there are plenty of others nearby as well.

Whatever you do, don't stay at the Villager Inn--(??) I think that was the name... There were more people actually living there than staying for the night, not too pleasant.

Good Luck:headbang:

Doubla check that address-- I just found my notes. The Earthlink venue sits at 1374 W. Peachtree St, zip code is 30309. Just visit expedia, and click on the hotels tab at the top, and you can search hotels near this address.

just booked our rooms.. for those of you still holding off.. both the Granada Suites and the Fairfield are out of 2 bed rooms as of today. The Granada is already 90% sold out which means to me.. bump-a-roo like last year.

I took a room at the Residence, yah it's $169 a night, but they were no where's near sold out and the price ain't that bad if coming with 4 people like we are. Plus, according to the map link they're about a block or 2 away from the venue, which is fine by us.

I booked a 2 bedroom at the Fairfield this afternoon (and for the record, I'm the one that keeps wavering about going). So, they still have 2 bedrooms available. It is further away than the Residence, but the parking is free as opposed to $14 per day, and half the cost as well.

Steve

I think I am flying down so the parking thing wont be a big deal. I am going to walk everywhere. Jesus this show is going to Kick a helluva lot of ass. September will never come!