General questions about the area...

DT Jesus

Licensed Progtologist
Feb 6, 2002
Wisconsin
www.progpages.com
(a) Is the Earthlink Live area a "good" neighborhood? Just curious... I'm concerned about walking late at night from the venue to the hotel.

(b) A week ago I was in Atlanta for a night and stayed in the Buckhead area. I believe that was also on a Peachtree Rd (though it might have been a different Peachtree ... NE instead of NW??). We were in the area where ESPN Zone is. How far is the Earthlink Live venue from this area?

(c) I only want to stay at a hotel that is walking distance from the venue. This would be like 6 blocks or so, at most. Are all those hotels listed on this site within that? Are there any other hotels in this area, or if all those hotels are booked, are we out of luck?

thanks in advance,
-matt

The neighborhood is not bad, really-- Atlanta kinda rolls up the rug at something like 10 p.m. You would really be quite safe walking after the show, and that's coming from a paranoid woman. :) Plus, there are sure to be more than just you walking from the venue to about any hotel you stay out--that's how it was last year, anyway.

You were a good way from the venue-- Butthead is north of the are Earthlink Live is, which I guess would be considered more midtown than downtown.

The hotels listed are pretty much the ones within walking distance. There may be more, but I don't stay down there often, so I don't know off the top of my head.

Shaye

The venue is in a pretty decent part of the midtown/downtown area. With the number of people expected to attend, you will likely see many of them roaming about the area at any given time of day or night.

Buckhead is a good ways north of the venue. Unless you absolutely have to be by ESPN Zone, you'll want to look closer to the venue. :)

Like Shaye said, the hotels listed are all within walking distance of the venue. The closest ones are rumored to be completely booked, or close to it, so you'll want to check into them APAP. Atlanta is a big convention city, so there's no shortage of hotels to be found. If you'll be looking at a hotel that's not near the venue, then you'll want to check out the MARTA (rapid rail/bus) website at http://www.itsmarta.com and find one nearby a station. That way you can at least save on cab fare getting to the venue (the system will be closed for the night by the time the show lets out).

Anyways, I hope that helps. Shaye and I are both locals, so feel free to post anymore questions about the area and we'll be happy to answer them for ya.

--Mike

Haha, yeah "staggering distance" ... that's all I was worried about :)

Thanks for all your responses, I guess I better see about reserving a room sometime in the near future.

-matt

When we're done with that show... the longen drunken stagger back home talkin' about how wicked cool that show was will only be the second best part of the night!!

The best part of the night will be of course realizing afterwards we're getting up to do it all over again tomorrow :)

Can I get a hellz yeah? :lol:

1. What is the temp in Atlanta in Nov.? I'm living in Hawaii, and the pussification process has taken hold of me as far as cold temps go:lol:

Shit, if it gets down to 65, I'm grabbin the ski jacket!