how do i make a tempo map for my drummer using sonar?

ATLA

Oct 12, 2007
The North
Title says it all, I know this an ultra noob question. so far i can make a tempo map in guitar pro using the cowbell with quarter notes and 8th notes. but its all one sound. how do i record the click from within sonar? I want BEEP beep beep beep NOT cowbell cowbell cowbel cowebell.. btw i tried searching this and when you search for live and click and how it brings up a million things, even on google. so please dont flame!

i would appreciate if some one could help me out!

-mickey

I'd just get the sounds, load them into session drummer, and program it. Ctrl V + Ctrl C to the end.

Joe

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking.

If you want a tempo map imported into Sonar, you have to open the midi file, don't just drag the Midi file into a project.

If you want to change Sonar's metronome sound, its under Options - Project - Metronome

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking.

If you want a tempo map imported into Sonar, you have to open the midi file, don't just drag the Midi file into a project.

If you want to change Sonar's metronome sound, its under Options - Project - Metronome

I should clarify, i want to export my tempo map into a audio file for my drummer to use at practice.

thanks for the replies guys

Just go to the metronome settings and make sure it's enabled for playback/recording. Then just mute all the tracks and render out the project. It'll export just the click sounds. In the metronome settings you can choose what sound: beeps, clicks, claps, kick, snare etc. I usually use the same sound for both so there isn't an emphasis on downbeats.

Just go to the metronome settings and make sure it's enabled for playback/recording. Then just mute all the tracks and render out the project. It'll export just the click sounds. In the metronome settings you can choose what sound: beeps, clicks, claps, kick, snare etc. I usually use the same sound for both so there isn't an emphasis on downbeats.

either im doing it wrong or it just doesnt work for me. Anyone else have suggestion on how to export the click?