How do I set up drum samples in Superior 2.0 and I NEED SAMPLES!!!!!

WesNyle269

Oct 10, 2008
Niles, Michigan
www.facebook.com
Hey everyone, I been looking to get new samples for my Superior 2.0 but a couple things. First I need some GREAT samples all around (Cymbals, toms, snares & KICKS!!!) and also HOW do I use them with Superior 2.0!?!?!? How do I set it up? Thanks!!!

The Superior 2 drums should have most of your bases covered. The cymbals are definitely usable, the toms and snares are great, and the kick needs a bit of work for a lot of stuff IMO. That said there are a ton of free samples about that will satisfy your needs - just look for them, and blend them in with drumagog or aptrigga.

He wants to know the step by step for a specific piece of software. That is a general faq on the whole process.

I am in the same boat he is. Generally satisfied with the S.2 samples but wondering how I can set up alt samples.

I want to know how to set it up too. I mean how do you get S.2 to point to alt bass drums etc. The manual is geared towards people who are used to the terminology. I get pretty confused pretty easily with the manuals as I don't have any recording background/training.

He wants to know the step by step for a specific piece of software. That is a general faq on the whole process.

I am in the same boat he is. Generally satisfied with the S.2 samples but wondering how I can set up alt samples.

I want to know how to set it up too. I mean how do you get S.2 to point to alt bass drums etc. The manual is geared towards people who are used to the terminology. I get pretty confused pretty easily with the manuals as I don't have any recording background/training.

THANK YOU!!! He is EXACTLY RIGHT!!!!
:headbang:

The issue though is that Superior 2.0 isn't meant to just be a sampler (like Battery or Kontakt), but rather only work with its own proprietary samples, so unfortunately you'll have to replace the stuff after the fact - thus 006's link is correct :)

The issue though is that Superior 2.0 isn't meant to just be a sampler (like Battery or Kontakt), but rather only work with its own proprietary samples, so unfortunately you'll have to replace the stuff after the fact - thus 006's link is correct :)
Ok well I was wondering I have a buddy who has Drumkit From Hell.... its for EZDrummer BUT will it work with Superior 2.0????

Yes. 2.0 was designed to allow people to use their EZD libraries within the 2.0 GUI/engine.

~006

Useable? DFH 2 is the best set of samples i've heard. My HD was hogged up with loads of samples and BFD/BFD2 in the past. I deleted them straight away and just keep DFH superior and Superior 2. I'm really curious to hear the other sound volumes they'll bring out.

I do agree i get a bit of a headache with the kick drum at times...but it sounds way more natrual than all the other samples out there.

Ehh, I have yet to hear a clip of S 2.0 where I liked the kick - it always has had click, but it's the kind of click that sounds just boosted to all hell with an eq (thin and without body), rather than a decisive fucking slap of the original DFHS kick (though they could get too "splatty" sometimes, case in point "Ziltoid the Omniscient," something about that kick sound pisses me off :puke: )

yeah the "Kick out" mic sounds awesome. The kick in has too much around 3-4k i find...so i just eq that out a little. It helps. Hopefulyl the other volumes might have some better kicks.

I prefer them to the Superior 1 kicks...they had loooooooooooooooads of sloppy loose low mids on them. Well the sonor one did anyway.

On DFHS1 I used the premier kick, just had to EQ from around 130Hz-180Hz out, as well as your more normal bass drum frequencies.

The problem with the Superior 2 kicks is that there isn't really the options that Superior 1 had. I'd like to have the variance of sounds that my Steven Slate samples offer :)