how hard is it to get tix

Based on the amount of interest so far, I think there is a solid chance for a sell-out fairly quick. I couldn't have said that about the previous shows.

Glenn H.

Based on the interest I've heard I'd be real surprised if there are any tickets left after July 1st. Your talking less than a 1000 tickets for a concert of this stature. It'll not only sell out but probably very quickly.

Bear in mind the power band line up is extraordinarily incredible - not only the band selection, but the first time these bands have ever played in the USA.

Put it this way, PP could sell out with Gamma Ray and Blind Guardian alone.

I'll admit, I've had the same worries about getting tickets (especially since I already have a hotel room & airfare! :eek: ), but the more I read the boards here at Ultimate Metal, I'm left wondering just how many here in the States have the means to get themselves to Ticketmaster, let alone own a credit card....

Don't get me wrong...I want it to sell out! That would mean more shows of its kind here, it's just that I've seen so many simpyl retarded posts lately...

Anyway, I will of course be purchasing my tix the day they become available, but I think you'll be ok for the first week or so.

All just my opinion...hopefully no one's too offended.

I think we are in uncharted territory as far as ticket sales for a roster of this type. I honestly have no clue how fast tickets will move. I will say this:

I sold all 250 Gold Badges *before* I announced the date or a single band on the roster.

It took me 3 weeks to sell that many last time and that was after the complete roster was announced.

Glenn

Markgugs: I'm left wondering just how many here in the States have the means to get themselves to Ticketmaster.....

Ticketmaster is just a click away. Anyone in world can get a ticket by going to www.ticketmaster.com It's that easy.

A word of caution to first time users. You have to create a User ID and Password to purchase the tickets online. Because it's so easy I really think that more people will use that system as opposed to waiting in line.

Based on the average age of everyone that went last year I would venture to say that EVERYONE probably has at least one credit card and if their anything like me their very proficient as using it:D

John

John, you are most likely right...it certainly does seem that those who post regularly on this board seem older and have jobs. I've just been reading so many threads where there'll be a post along the lines of "man, I wish I could get that CD but I blew my allowance" or "why don't they play closer? I can't fly without a credit card!", etc, etc.

Personally, I will be using one of my maxxed cards to grab 'em online as well, the second they go on sale, but good luck to all who can't do that!

Ha, sounds like the actual Blind Guardian Forum...:eek:

Yeah, I'd agree with your assessment though, some will probably be unable to go due to distance, cost etc...But to those that will be there they'll be seeing a show of a lifetime!

Distance can be a problem for anyone - airfare, hotel costs, and the likes REALLY add up quickly. Hell, a $500-800 2-3 day vacation is quite an expense to the average person.

Luckily for this festival, I'm only a 2 hour drive and after the show ends come Friday night, I can drive back home and come back Saturday for only about $20 gas fees.

But, say if it were held in San Francisco, California, (in contrast) realistically and budget-wise, I would most likely hold off on it due to the enormous costs of getting to and from the place. Amazing experience, granted, but it's one heck of a lot of money when there are other priorities to be met.

Originally posted by EDVANTASIA
I would go to PP3 even if it was in CA(Im in Florida) I am usually responsible, but sometimes you gotta bite the bullet, This show will be worth every penny!!

I wish I could just "bite the bullet" for every festival that I want to see (and there are over 6-8 of them). You've got some balls. :) hehe...

Originally posted by Creeps
Luckily I have one of my vacation times the first wek of July, so to give me somethign to do, I'll wait in line for tickets locally like in the 'old days'.

Why not just go to the ticketmaster website and buy them? Since everyone (and every ticket dealer) has to order them from the same repository DB, you're actually better off getting into the system yourself and ordering them on-line.

I mean, the person at a ticket booth is only going to do what you would have done yourself via the web.