i am drunk and still life is my favorite maiden tune

shadow walker

Sep 11, 2003
pennsylvania
Visit site
still life is awesomems just got inm from an employee party and we were jamming maiden. take a look in my pool and what do you see/? in there dark depths their faces beckening me! :headbang: jam on!
though id share that. goodnight!

Bruce Chickinson said:
Still Life remains to be one of the best songs they have ever recorded.

ok now that im sober......hum, hum,...Jen, you girls should play Still Life or have you? like i've said before i have yet to see you play so that would be a treat and Where Eagles dare is up there in my top 5. what say you? what say you?

you girls should play Still Life or have you? like i've said before i have yet to see you play so that would be a treat and Where Eagles dare is up there in my top 5. what say you? what say you?[/QUOTE said:
We actually did play Still Life once at Kozmos many moons ago. It's harder to capture that Maiden vibe on that one so we canned it for the time being. Where Eagles Dare is on our "to do" list, amongst a few other gems! Ye HAW!

Agree, Still Life is a great song.

Anyone know what that gibberish is before the song starts? Sounds like a few spoken lines that are recorded backwards? Knowing Maiden has a sense of humor, and the witchhunt like times when the album was made, my guess is that it is something of a lark. Anyone?

That's a recording of Nicko backwards. Translated, it's: "What ho said the thing with the three bonce. Don't meddle with things you don't understand."

The first sentence is Nicko doing his Jamaican accent (probably the influence of being in the Bahamas while recording); "bonce" means heads.

The second sentence was aimed directly at the religious protestors that were burning copies of Number of the Beast the year before.

shadow walker said:
still life is awesomems just got inm from an employee party and we were jamming maiden. take a look in my pool and what do you see/? in there dark depths their faces beckening me! :headbang: jam on!
though id share that. goodnight!

Still Life and To Tame A Land are amazing...

followed by another two of my favs from early years that never get played:

Strange World (one of the BEST Maiden tunes, IMO), and Remember Tomorrow.. have an amazing soundboard of them preforming it live with Di'anno. My lord... wish I'd seen them back then, but I was only 11, and in the US (dangs!)

-HobbesDawg

HobbesDawg said:
Strange World (one of the BEST Maiden tunes, IMO), and Remember Tomorrow.. have an amazing soundboard of them preforming it live with Di'anno. My lord... wish I'd seen them back then, but I was only 11, and in the US (dangs!)

-HobbesDawg
Ooh ooh! I'd LOVE to hear that soundboard! I likes Strange World.! Great Di'Anno shit!

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Ooh ooh! I'd LOVE to hear that soundboard! I likes Strange World.! Great Di'Anno shit!

It's a great album. Was recorded on the 2nd night (1st night was used on the album) of the Maiden Japan show.

Check your messages (grin)

I'm off... about a foot of snow to drive through ..and that's just the driveway.

-HobbesDawg

smylex said:
That's a recording of Nicko backwards. Translated, it's: "What ho said the thing with the three bonce. Don't meddle with things you don't understand."

The first sentence is Nicko doing his Jamaican accent (probably the influence of being in the Bahamas while recording); "bonce" means heads.

The second sentence was aimed directly at the religious protestors that were burning copies of Number of the Beast the year before.
I always wondered that one too. I never bothered to spin the record backwards to see if that's what it was. Makes me wonder... is that what you did? Or did you hear/read about it somewhere? In any case, good fyi. :D

Some of the information was received from the original Iron Maiden biography from back in 1984.

The rest is the result of having a 4-track cassette recorder and flipping the tape over.