I spoke to Sir Russel Alan and...

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
he told me that they might play ProgPower this year, but nothing was confirmed. I spoke with him at the Halford show Saturday night at L'Amour. He said that the band and Glenn were really good friends and that he would love to play at PP again. I guess they need to make their decision within the next week or so. Maybe they are 1 of the bands causing Glenn to hold out on the lineup? Who knows? They put on an incredible 1 hour performance, and I can't wait for their headlining act on the 14th!!!

Hail and Kill said:
Maybe Sir Russel is just tight and keeping his mouth shut cause one band already took a dump and spilled the beans.

Naah, according to Mike Romeo, they just haven't decided 100% if they are going to play it or not.

OK...I've got to ask...who's the other band that "took a dump and spilled the beans?"

Just curious...?

Evergrey. In their press release it says they will be playing PP. Russel is the only member of Symphony X I didn't get a chance to meet. I hear he is as nice as the rest of the guys though.

Aahh...gotcha! I don't see that Evergrey really "spilled the beans" with that press release. Glenn has made no secret that Evergrey is his favorite band, and, while he does not like to repeat himself, they will have a standing invitation at every other PP festival.

It's a no-brainer they were gonna be there this year...which will be (of course) just awesome.

I will be seeing Symphony X on Thursday in a real small club. I will have a chance to talk to all of the guys again. I know they would love to play ProgPower again, I mean who wouldn't want to. If they are I am sure Glenn would be the first to let us know, unless they issue a early press release like Evergrey. Suprise is the best part of the lineup announcement!!:worship:

"It's a no-brainer they were gonna be there this year"

Just because Glenn loves the band, it doesn't mean that it is a no-brainer that they will be there. There is alot more that goes into it than that. Especially when you are dealing with a band from overseas. It's not like you can just tell them, oh, by the way, PP is September __, 2003- be there! That is not to say that I don't believe they would try to make it if they could, but I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions. Not only must the timing be right, but it is also very expensive to travel here just to play one show!

Evergrey traveled here last year just to hang out. It's been well-documented that the band has an invitation to play PP USA every other year as long as they wish. I'd say they'll be here this year.

Have to agree with Mark here; Evergrey playing the festival is a no-brainer. For starters, Tom was pretty candid at PPIII about their chances to be at PPIV. Additionally, Glenn has said on another forum (and I'm paraphrasing), "Evergrey is my favorite band and I book the bads. Do the math."

GZ

Reactions: MadeInNewJersey
Hey Zod, what's doing man? You going to the SymX headlining gig on the 14th? Hope you are...we should all meet up. JayKeeley & his wife, his buddy Amman (Metal Thailand), & me & my girlfriend are all going.

"Evergrey traveled here last year just to hang out."

True, they did; but you missed my point. Hanging out is alot cheaper than brining all of their equipment over from Europe to play a gig.

"It's been well-documented that the band has an invitation to play PP USA every other year as long as they wish. I'd say they'll be here this year."

Again, I understand that, and was hoping they would play also, but wanting to play and actually being able to get it together to come are 2 different things.

Anyway, this conversation is moot at this point since the press release has confirmed their appearance. I was just making a point in saying that it is never a no-brainer when you are dealing with bands attending a festival, especially when they are from another country. There are many bands that would love to play this festival, but for one reason or another are not able to make it.

Nightwish-

I believe the bands don't travel with their equipment for PP. I think it's all provided by Guitar Center to make it cheaper on everyone. I could be wrong, but I believe I heard that somewhere.

GZ

Good point Zod, you may be right. I will be at the X show also at Lamour!!! We should all get together for a drink. Two other guys from this board I know are going also