Iced Earth in Philly

DarkOne

Black Belt in Sarcasm
May 2, 2002
Philadelphia
Visit site
Is anyone else going to the Iced Earth / Children of Bodom / Everygrey show in Philadelphia Apr 30th? We could have a Progpower meet . . . .

I know nothing about CoB, but I'm looking forward to Evergrey again (they were great last year at PPIV) and Iced Earth for the first time (although I'm disapointed to not be seeing Barlow).

Steve

DarkOne said:
Is anyone else going to the Iced Earth / Children of Bodom / Everygrey show in Philadelphia Apr 30th? We could have a Progpower meet . . . .

I know nothing about CoB, but I'm looking forward to Evergrey again (they were great last year at PPIV) and Iced Earth for the first time (although I'm disapointed to not be seeing Barlow).

Steve
Hey Steve, I will be at the Philly show on April 30 and might be going to the May 2 show at Jaxx in Springfield, VA. Depends on how the much I like ripper fronting Iced. Matt was awsome live and don't think anyone can top him. His live performances were not to be believed. He actually sounded better live.

Dave

I've seen Ripper live with Priest, and I am actually very impressed with the vocals on The Glorious Burden. I've just always wanted to see Barlow.

I am really curious to hear how Ripper handles something like "Melancholy" or "Dark Saga".

Steve

ICED EARTH's New York City Concert Sold Out! - Mar. 15, 2004

ICED EARTH's April 29 performance at B.B. King's in New York City has officially sold out, club officials have confirmed.

According to Rena Siwek, P.R. Director for B.B. King Blues Club & Grill, the event was "one of the fastest selling shows here at B.B. King's, but then again, ICED EARTH always pulls them in fast. Their fans are fantastic!"

The news comes just as the American heavy metal band is enjoying the highest profile of its long career, with a recent guest-host spot on MTV2's "Headbanger's Ball" and appearances on Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks", Sirius Satellite Radio's "Hard Attack", Music Choice, and many others in support of its new album, "The Glorious Burden".

The eagerly anticipated tour begins on April 18 in Cleveland, OH with guests CHILDREN OF BODOM and EVERGREY.

And they sold out at Jaxx last year also, so I'm guessing the Philly show will be a full one guys.

Dave

DarkOne said:
Cool. Someone pick a time and a place. I'm guessing it won't be too crowded there; I don't know how many supporters IE has.

Steve
Considering that "Horror Show" sold more copies of any Century Media album of the past 10 years, and "The Glorious Burden" was released after a lengthy wait and much hype, and they haven't played in the USA in 2 full years, I'd say Iced Earth will be the reason for 1/2 the people in attendance, and I'm probably being conservative.

I still can't get over the fact that the NYC gig is already sold out (it was more than 1 week ago).

Wow, I'm impressed. I've already bought my ticket, since I can't stand missing out on things. I just missed out on an acoustic Tesla performance here in Philly because I didn't jump on tickets fast enough.

Heck, I even changed some travel dates so I could go see Iced Earth and Evergrey again.

I thought they'd be at PPV, but now it is almost like a pre-PP warmup. I'm looking forward to it.

Steve