Ideas on where collection goes when you expire

Ggorp

Feb 6, 2010
"Our" type of music isn't widely appreciated but is highly valued to those who do. Other than a small percentage of my collection, those close to me have little interest in it. The area I live in is sparsely populated so there's little chance of meeting the musically like-minded.

The best idea I've come up with so far -- leave instructions to ship the collection to a School of Music.

Just wondered if anyone has considered the scenario and come up with any ideas.

Yep, I've had similar musings myself.

It would be nice to have kids who I can then get into the same music, and then I could leave the collection to them, but not sure if that situation will ever happen. I don't know who else in my area might even know who some of the artists are, let alone listen to them. I guess one day as I'm drafting my will I'll just have to make specific provisions as to where the music should go. My wife doesn't mind some of what I listen to, but she's not a music fanatic in the way I am. She owns four CDs, while I own hundreds, and our tastes are quite different as well.

If you plan on leaving it to a university you should be aware that the collection will grow moldy in a basement - never to be seen or shared with the public.

Much better to come up with an organized plan to sell the stuff off. At the moment used CDs aren't going for a hell of a lot. In the future who knows.

If you plan on leaving it to a university you should be aware that the collection will grow moldy in a basement - never to be seen or shared with the public.
Is this because of the university structure? My thought was to get it to students somehow for them to pick through. Thanks for the tip. I'll have to look into it more deeply.
Much better to come up with an organized plan to sell the stuff off. At the moment used CDs aren't going for a hell of a lot. In the future who knows.
My dear wife would have to deal with that. We've talked of it; she's not pleased with the prospect. She said she'd contact you. haha

Tell me about it........Vintage Vinyle, in Fords N.J.,,,only pays 50cents per cd...............:(:cry:

Tell me about it........Vintage Vinyle, in Fords N.J.,,,only pays 50cents per cd...............:(:cry:

Not if it is rare; one thing about Prog is that a lot of the cds go out of print quickly so they command a higher price.