If a movie was made based on Opeth........

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
fill in the following:

Title of movie
Premise of movie / theme
Time period movie occurs in
Place movie occurs in - if not a real place, describe setting
Lead roles - which actor(s)/actress(es)?
Supporting roles - which actor(s)/actress(es)
Title track
Any other tracks (parts of ) in movie
Big ending of movie
Any sequel?

You are the producer/director
You cast the characters
You pick the soundtrack - which, by the way, could include non-Opeth songs except for the title track

I've always thought of Blackwater Park as a movie in the style of David Lynch - with different unconnected stories, multiple narrators, unmemorable dialogue, murders and hidden truths; and above it all - a mystic place which is reflected in the people's minds, in an incomprehensible way. The artwork helps to establish the atmosphere...

Listening to Blackwater Park is now a double-pleasure for me - both enjoying the music and adding more detail, more images to the story developing in my head... in that way, for me it is very much a concept album.

I don't imagine Opeth music being used in such a movie, and I never really care about the actors - the choice of images is what intrigues me in movies. The directors and writers are the real people, that's not to say the actors are cannon fodder, they are crucial too, but I never watch a movie because of an actor.

Sorry for not bending to the rules, I cannot tell the story right now - it's undeveloped, it changes and grows a bit with every listen, and mostly does not follow the lyrics.

D Mullholand
----------------------------
NP: Morbid Angel - Gateways to Annihilation