IN FLAMES.....fans!!!

Cheiron said:
Sigh. I hate moshing. I go to a concert to listen to the music, not to watch methed up jerks ruining a show for others. I just hope at the Roxy I can enjoy the show and not be worried about having to knock some guy on his ass who can't control where he swings his arms. >_<

Moshing will always be a part of metal and hardcore so live with it. Also, its called a mosh pit, meaning there is an area of the floor where this occurs. It does not take up the whole venue space. If you dont like it then stay away from the pit!! Plain and simple!!

I attended the show last night, and let me tell you. wow. Great performance by IF, even though had to leave and could not stay for the whole set. (girl wanted some alone time for valentine's day) Yet was able to catch 10+ songs!! Trivium was a bit dissappointing in my view. Regardless, it was yet another sold out show!!!:hotjump:

I just listened to their new album. I think overall it is good. I can feel some people's disappointment, but I do think that they added a couple songs on this album that might be a little bit more radio friendly. However, if I find them on the radio I will be pleased. They are still good songs, with quality guitar work. The more exposure that this style of music gets the better.

I think calling them sellouts is wrong. If you compare this album to Soundtrack, I think your argument becomes more difficult.

Anyhow, the pure statement of 'selling out' is akin to 'I hate it when people start knowing my music exists. Even though, I often get so upset that people don't know it exists.'

Anyhow, the pure statement of 'selling out' is akin to 'I hate it when people start knowing my music exists. Even though, I often get so upset that people don't know it exists.'

:lol:

I agree totally. If people don't like it, that's fine, but not liking it because "they sold out" is a bullshit strawman argument.

IN FLAMES' new release, "Come Clarity" debuted at #58 on Billboard's Top 200 chart this week with sales just under 24,000 copies. Come Clarity, the influential Swedish quintet's debut release for Ferret Music, and ninth full length album overall, is the highest charting record in both the band and label's sales history. This is more than double the first-week tally registered by the group's last CD, "Soundtrack To Your Escape" (released in April 2004 via Nuclear Blast), which entered the chart at No. 145 (with sales of just under 11,000).

"Come Clarity" is an album that has met to widespread critical acclaim and solidified IN FLAMES' place as leaders of the modern day heavy music movement. The release has been called "a coordinated stampede" by Billboard and "A rare blend of speed, precision, heaviness and melody" by the Chicago Tribune.

On the topic if the impressive IN FLAMES chart debut(s), Transworld Rock / Pop Buyer Mark Hudson comments, "This always looked to be a breakout album for IN FLAMES. The band had to come up with a great record. Ferret, their new label, had to come up with a great set up. Both delivered."

IN FLAMES is currently in the midst of a sold out North American headlining tour. The band plays New York City's Webster Hall this evening.:headbang:

IN FLAMES' new release, "Come Clarity" debuted at #58 on Billboard's Top 200 chart this week with sales just under 24,000 copies. Come Clarity, the influential Swedish quintet's debut release for Ferret Music, and ninth full length album overall, is the highest charting record in both the band and label's sales history. This is more than double the first-week tally registered by the group's last CD, "Soundtrack To Your Escape" (released in April 2004 via Nuclear Blast), which entered the chart at No. 145 (with sales of just under 11,000).

"Come Clarity" is an album that has met to widespread critical acclaim and solidified IN FLAMES' place as leaders of the modern day heavy music movement. The release has been called "a coordinated stampede" by Billboard and "A rare blend of speed, precision, heaviness and melody" by the Chicago Tribune.

On the topic if the impressive IN FLAMES chart debut(s), Transworld Rock / Pop Buyer Mark Hudson comments, "This always looked to be a breakout album for IN FLAMES. The band had to come up with a great record. Ferret, their new label, had to come up with a great set up. Both delivered."

IN FLAMES is currently in the midst of a sold out North American headlining tour. The band plays New York City's Webster Hall this evening.:headbang:

Why the double post? Are you working on the new cd's PR or something? LOL

Anyway... Bryan, Im really sorry, but In Flames kicked major amounts of ass last night in New York City. I wish you saw them last night, they had so much energy going on! And also, Trivium... that's one of my next favorite bands, holy shit what a fucking kick in the nuts... for you people who think they're a hardcore or "metalcore" band, think again! Killer Killer Killer!