Inquisition

Yeah seriously, listening to Invoking the Majestic Throne... since HC3 has been spellbinding time after time.

This album is singlehandedly reviving my interest in metal and pushing all the goddamn hippie drug music ever so slightly back from whence it came...

I need to go on a spending spree. Does cybermonday apply to any decent metal outlets I wonder

I would consider The End but a 15% discount and 3 month wait for a cracked jewel case has lost its appeal somewhat I must confess

They do actually, I got Anael from them, and they'll be getting the Satanic Warmaster / Behxen split in.

They just stock too much garbage in general now :/. I bet that's good chunk of why they have so many problems.

I'm curious about this band. If I was going to buy one disc from them, which should it be?

Greg, I finally received 2001's Invoking the Majestic Throne of Satan in today's mail (only had a few songs from it to sample beforehand). This is absolutely outstanding stuff; hardly any long lasting blast beats whatsoever (when they're present the tempo usually changes very quickly), and what's leftover is sublime hypnotic, trance inducing mid-tempo black metal with melodious black n' roll riffing thrown in for good measure. I got it from Blackmetal.com, but it looks like I swiped the last one as they're out of stock right now.

I'm going to track down 2004's Magnificent Glorification of Lucifer and 2007's Nefarious Dismal Orations just as soon as I have a chance as they appear to be the holy trio of albums to own by these guys. But judging by the material in their live set, it seems you can't go wrong once they made the switch from thrash metal to black metal in 1994.

Anyone, is 1998's Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult worth tracking down? (It's their only other full length release). Thanks!

I'm going to track down 2004's Magnificent Glorification of Lucifer and 2007's Nefarious Dismal Orations just as soon as I have a chance as they appear to be the holy trio of albums to own by these guys. But judging by the material in their live set, it seems you can't go wrong once they made the switch from thrash metal to black metal in 1994.

Anyone, is 1998's Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult worth tracking down? (It's their only other full length release). Thanks!

Most people consider Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult to be INQUISITION's quintessential album, so yeah it's worth tracking down. Personally I prefer their sophomore album, but like I said, most think the first album is the best.

So I was reading Call of Cthulhu whilst listening to Inquisition's Invoking the Majestic Throne of Satan and I read this this excerpt from HP Lovecraft himself re: his use of the word 'Cthulhu':

"...the word is supposed to represent a fumbling human attempt to catch the phonetics of an absolutely non-human word. The name of the hellish entity was invented by beings whose vocal organs were not like man's, hence it has no relation to the human speech equipment..."

I thought the irony of listening to Inquisition at the time was quite cool. :kickass:

Bumping this to remind everyone how fucking great these guys are. Invoking The Majestic Throne of Satan is so damn good I can't believe these guys aren't bigger than they are.

That texas show is fucking ridiculous, Ares Kingdom, Order From Chaos, and Inquisition!? o_O

(April 3rd btw)

Aurel and Co. take heed!

dnsinquisition.jpg