Insomnium - Heart Like a Grave

Crazy Booduh

May 19, 2009
I have to say, I was REALLY surprised to see this pop up on Laser's Edge.

I'm a pretty big fan of melodic death metal, but it's not a genre I expect to see pop up on your site unless it skirts the line with progressive tendencies, or at least has some clean vocals. I did not expect to see you carry a tried-and-true MDM band like Insomnium. I usually just pick these up from other sites and don't even ask about them here.

When it comes to bands like this, how do you make the call to stock or not? The Agonist was another one I was a bit surprised to see.

Ha! Is he a fan of the heavier stuff?

What I'm getting at is I usually don't even bother asking about these kinds of releases. I'd prefer to buy them here if you bring it in, but I also don't want to waste your time requesting a bunch of stuff that there's no chance you'll stock. By the time I see it pop up on your site, I may have already pre-ordered it from where else.

I'm guessing the certain label releases (Century Media, Nuclear Blast, Napalm, etc.) stand a better chance of making the cut.

Jim seems to feel that some of the ProgPower attendees are inclined to buy bands that have been announced for the festival (or have performed). So I don't mind testing the waters on occasion. We deal with the labels you mentioned so it makes it a lot easier.

Its not a huge stretch to think that a customer who would buy Lacuna Coil (new one next week) might also pick up the new Arch Enemy or The Agonist. Sometimes we even guess right.