Internet radio broadcasters dealt setback

This doesn't really affect me either, as I'm not a radio guy, internet or traditional. But it is going to have a huge impact on those who do discover new bands thru internet radio. Now they'll have to go further underground to get their music..."illegally".

There was a huge thread on the PPUSA boards about this topic about a month ago. I had hoped to link to the discussion, but I couldn't find it...it's probably 20 pages back by now.

NP: Sun Caged - Lyre's Harmony

Very sad. You don't need to pay to play bands on BROADCAST radio (in fact it's illegal!), why should you on internet radio? At the end of the day it's still a form of broadcast where the listen has little (if any) control of the songs being played.

Ironically, since I read about this, I began listening to internet radio again and have been discovering some amazing new bands (Threshold being one). Very sad day for Indie broadcasters whose voices will be silenced.

By the way, if you listen to Live 365, check out the station "The House of Rock" before it's gone; it plays all of the stuff we talk about on this forum - from WASP to Maiden to Firewind, etc.