Introducing your first douchebag bootlegger: Leonel Perez of Perfect Prog Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
He has been nice enough to post all sorts of videos on Facebook & Youtube. Would everyone mind doing me a favor? Send him a note telling him what a douchebag he is.

This is the exact kind of person that prevents me from allowing digital cameras.

We busted about 23 people this year. I'm sure there were several that got away with it. It was the best I could do with the budget I had this year. And btw..we actually nailed a guy that was recording with two mics in stereo, etc. It was unreal..

We busted about 23 people this year. I'm sure there were several that got away with it. It was the best I could do with the budget I had this year. And btw..we actually nailed a guy that was recording with two mics in stereo, etc. It was unreal..

Aw....so he went to all that trouble to get a nice recording set-up, then got his ass nailed and kicked out? Aw....I feel SO bad for the little bootlegger.... :cry:

NOT!!! Nice work, security!!! :kickass:

Craig

That really surprises me. There's no money to be made from it. I guess its an addiction to meaningless theft? I saw a number of people recording 15-20 seconds of footage with a cellphone. I figured that this wasn't the type of stuff you were really after stopping. But then I saw one of your guys take one of the cellphones.

I was often looking around to see if I could catch anybody, but beyond the several times of the above described, I just don't see it happening.

On the other hand: I do wish more bands had the Allman Brothers/Phish/etc. mentality though, go ahead and record and distribute, more publicity the better! It surprises me that some bands are so afraid of their performances, or feel like they'll lose money on high quality DVD/live CD sales from it that they avoid it.

That really surprises me. There's no money to be made from it. I guess its an addiction to meaningless theft? I saw a number of people recording 15-20 seconds of footage with a cellphone. I figured that this wasn't the type of stuff you were really after stopping. But then I saw one of your guys take one of the cellphones.

Some cell phones can capture an entire performance. We only went after those that were held up for long periods of time after observing from a distance.

I cannot take away cellphones. All I can do is ask that you not use them inside. However, I am a realist and realize that lots of people simply have no respect for my request. I do the best I can in these type of situations, but nothing is perfect.

If he's gonna bootleg the show, let's put a face to that name and steal his bandwidth at the same time. ;)
DSC00707.jpg

The one who isn't Lasse, obviously. Duh.

And btw, as for what Glenn is talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=lobotomya&view=videos

Thanks Kaosaur. This will make it nice and easy for me to throw him out the minute I see him if he shows up next year. You folks can tell him what an assclown he is to his face as well.

Whatever works, I'm all for it. I'm amazed at the utter gall of some people. Isn't it always the way? A few jackasses screwing up a good thing for the majority of respectful folks. Any way that I can contribute to diffusing the douchebaggery, count me in.

We should mail him an empty "ProgPower X DVD" case with a note inside that says "F*** You, you've got it already. Don't come back."

Most of the people I saw with digital cameras were sponsors. If I understood correctly, sponsors were allowed to use their digicams for the entire fest, right?

I should add: I did not see this guy. I did keep my eyes out for people like him, though! I REALLY wanted a VIP pass!

Most of the people I saw with digital cameras were sponsors. If I understood correctly, sponsors were allowed to use their digicams for the entire fest, right?

Correct. VIPs inclusing sponsors, bands, and the band's family & guests are allowed to use digital cameras. In some situations, they do have my approval to video as well.

I think all the folks doing business with this guy should re-evaluate - wow. He is basically doing everything that was asked NOT to do. No class, no matter WHAT price he is selling it for.

Status
Not open for further replies.