Intromental Worldwide signs DIVINE ASCENSION

Claus / Intromental

20 years of uniting the powers of metal
Once again we've turned our heads towards Australia to find another fantastic new band.

divineascension_group.jpg

Divine Ascension are sure to delight legions of progressive metal and female-fronted band fans alike with their debut, As the Truth Appears. Both lyrically and musically, their primordial good and evil theme works extremely well with Jennifer's powerfully resplendent and virtuous tone. Undoubtedly talented enough to take on the world stage, Australia's Divine Ascension's overall fusion and exhibition is nothing short of divine.

Read more about the band here and listen to the song "Vision Divine" of the upcoming album "As The Truth Appears".

Wow I am actually really digging this! If the rest sounds this good than I'll be quite impressed!

Kind of like To-Mera without the great musical skill. The vocals are okay, but the song is quite predictable, IMO.

And so are your snarky posts.

It's no secret that I love female vox, but I am very picky. I must agree with Stacy.. I really like Jennifer's voice.

~Jen

I need to listen to this again...I totally missed any similarity to To-Mera...I do recall enough to know the similarities certainly aren't in the vocal styles. I almost got an Evergrey vibe...

Batmura & Claus,

I deleted both of your comments as that type of thing needs to go back to the original thread over on the PM forum.

Perhaps Divine Ascension is not trying to be a progressive metal band intentionally? Perhaps they have just as much talent musically as To-Mera, but simply choose to write more accessible, song-oriented material? I can understand the predictable opinion, but to make the comparison between bands whose only true connection is they both have a female vocalist seems odd to me. It's like saying Helloween is predictable compared to Cynic. It makes Helloween no less talented or enjoyable, just a different genre where the focus is not on chops.

Its the song oriented style that really lured me in. After repeated listens the song has grown even more on me. Looking forward to this.

Claus I have butted heads with you before on this forum but i have to give props when it is due, really good stuff man. and I too get an Evergrey vibe from them. When can we expect an album?

I definitely thought it was catchy good stuff. Enjoyable for sure.

Perhaps Divine Ascension is not trying to be a progressive metal band intentionally? Perhaps they have just as much talent musically as To-Mera, but simply choose to write more accessible, song-oriented material? I can understand the predictable opinion, but to make the comparison between bands whose only true connection is they both have a female vocalist seems odd to me. It's like saying Helloween is predictable compared to Cynic. It makes Helloween no less talented or enjoyable, just a different genre where the focus is not on chops.

This.

The irony is that Cynic has been becoming more and more song-oriented over the last few years and they've been getting endless shit for it by prog snobs. I'll never in a million years understand why it's automatically better to pointlessly throw in more weedly weedlies than in other situations just for the sake of it. That's not to say everything should be stripped down to meat and potatos, but man, if it doesn't suit the song, why should there be unnecessary noodling? Why does there HAVE to be a solo if the song doesn't need one?

Metropolis and The Odyssey (the song) my opinion, demand the jam sections. That's what defines and suits those songs and sets the mood for them. But why some people want all their music to fit that mold is just weird. Shit man, sometimes I gotta relax to ambient droning tones. Whatever, at the end of the day it's just music. :D

I posted this before, but I'll post it again, because it speaks volumes (scroll to 3:12):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMRPY7dfU3s&[/ame]

I've never really listened to Devin Townsend's music, but I've always loved him as a person. He's amazingly hilarious.

Really good listen. And I really like the sound and vox when the tempo really picks up at 1:40. Very smooth and easy to listen to.

For whatever reason, the song brings memories of Cory Brown and Magnitude 9 for me. Don't know what that means, other than it's good!