The specifications as listed on Apple's website are:[8]

* Screen material: glass
* Screen size: 8.9 cm (3.5 in)
* Screen resolution: 480×320 pixels at 163 ppi
* Input method: Multi-touch screen interface
* Operating System: OS X
* Storage: 8 or 16 GB Flash memory
* Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
* Built-in rechargeable, non-removable battery with up to 5 hours of video playback, and up to 22 hours of audio playback
* Size: 110×61.8×8 mm (4.3×2.4×0.31 in)
* Weight: 120 g (4.2 oz)

The iPod touch has a lower amount of storage space, compared to the lower-priced flagship iPod classic, due to flash memory limitations.

And it has

Multi-touch

iPod touch features the same revolutionary interface as iPhone. Built to take full advantage of the large 3.5-inch display, the multi-touch interface lets you control everything using only your fingers. So you can glide through albums with Cover Flow, flick through photos and enlarge them with a pinch, or zoom in and out on a section of a web page. And iPod touch features a touchscreen QWERTY keyboard perfect for browsing the web in Safari, searching for videos on YouTube, finding music on the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store, or adding new contacts.

Ambient Light Sensor

The iPod touch display has an ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts brightness to suit the ambient light in your surroundings. The result? A better experience for you and battery-saving efficiency for iPod touch.

Accelerometer

An accelerometer detects when you rotate iPod touch from portrait to landscape, then automatically changes the contents of the display, so you immediately see the entire width of a web page, your music in Cover Flow, or a photo in its proper aspect ratio.

Cover Flow

If a picture says a thousand words, think of what all the album art in your collection might say. With Cover Flow on iPod touch, you can flick through your music to find the album you want to hear. And when you do, a quick tap of the cover flips it over to display a track list. Another tap starts the music.

Wi-Fi Web Browsing

With Apple’s Safari browser built in, iPod touch is the only iPod that gives you wireless access to the web, everywhere you go. See websites the way they were designed to be seen. Sync your bookmarks or add a few as you go. Search the web using the touchscreen keyboard. Zoom in and out by tapping the multi-touch display.

The prices are $299US for the 8G one and $399US for the 16G one.

Discuss :p.

If you just want to LISTEN to MUSIC, then a simple mp3 is all you need. All this Ipod shit is a waste of money if you ask me. If you feel like you want more, then maybe.

I have an iPod video 30g, with my entire music collection on it. Was definitely worth the money... But those iPod touch things look pointless and way overpriced.

I think it's useless. MP3 Was originally invented for music listening aye? Why would anyone want stuff to it such as watching photos etc. etc.? I use Mp just for listening music, so for me it wouldn't be worth it.. And anyways since I got enough expensive mobile phone, I won't be needing any stuff like that.

Its useless. For me atleast. I just want to listen music, not to look pictures. I think Im gonna buy Ipod 80g, costs 269€= cheap.
Ipod Touch looks like its gona broke if you're not extra careful with it.

I was thinking that is was pretty much useless as well, but I wanted your opinions :p. I'm thinking of getting the new 80G one.. It's cheaper than the touch and can pretty much hold anything :lol:.

waste of COMPLETE fucking money.

i mean lol like how much do you really need? I doubt all these spoiled teenagers with AMG razr's and blackberry's and such actually use them to their full extent beyond talking and texting.

Was that directed towards me?

lol naw, was not a personal attack at all. just my overly excessive opinion i guess. for me, i'd rather spend the 600$ on a new guitar or something but thats just me :p

didn't mean to offend you, sorry if i did.

Fuck iPods. I recently started using them, I bought a friend's 6GB iPod mini with a cracked screen for 40 bucks, then I just bought a 30GB iPod video fo 70 bucks. Good device but synching is fucking gay, unless you're at home you can't add shit to them, also you can' transfer the stuff on the iPod back to the PC. What a piece of shit. So many limitations. I wish it was just drag and drop.

Fuck iPods. I recently started using them, I bought a friend's 6GB iPod mini with a cracked screen for 40 bucks, then I just bought a 30GB iPod video fo 70 bucks. Good device but synching is fucking gay, unless you're at home you can't add shit to them, also you can' transfer the stuff on the iPod back to the PC. What a piece of shit. So many limitations. I wish it was just drag and drop.

wtf it is drag and drop ffs. there is a checkbox on the mainscreen that says "manually manage music." that = drag from library and drop, although you'll have to set your preferred sync level back when your done, and you have to manually eject it. and you can store basically anything on it as a backup (i store my GP library).

and you CAN go ipod to PC. there is another checkbox on the mainscreen that says "enable ipod for disk use." it acts like an external harddrive. find it in the root directory i.e. my computer and drop the music on your computer.

apple's website has step-by-step tutorials.

wtf it is drag and drop ffs. there is a checkbox on the mainscreen that says "manually manage music." that = drag from library and drop, although you'll have to set your preferred sync level back when your done, and you have to manually eject it. and you can store basically anything on it as a backup (i store my GP library).

and you CAN go ipod to PC. there is another checkbox on the mainscreen that says "enable ipod for disk use." it acts like an external harddrive. find it in the root directory i.e. my computer and drop the music on your computer.

Point being, it should be drag and drop from the beginning. If you have to follow a tutorial to actually be able to use ipod like you would use any regular mp3 player, it's a symptom of it failing its purpose.

Fuck itunes.

meet

Fuck iPods. I recently started using them

:)

Point being, it should be drag and drop from the beginning. If you have to follow a tutorial to actually be able to use ipod like you would use any regular mp3 player, it's a symptom of it failing its purpose.

Fuck itunes.

:kickass: