itunes reference mixing

iTunes always tells me to upgrade, stupid cunt. I'm happy with version 9.1.2.5.
That "Sound Enhancer" mode sounds terrible. Boggles my mind that I'll go on some people's computers and see that it's on.
Sounds like putting a BBE Sonic Maximizer on the signal, which is a pretty nasty sound IMHO. Hyped, scratchy high end FTL.

Lol at "Sound Enhancer." Like it's actually going to magically make the songs sound better.

MAC should make a "sound enhancer" plugin for engineers to put on their master bus. Who needs a professional mastering job when you can just slap "Sound Enhancer" on it and be done with it? :p

iTunes always tells me to upgrade, stupid cunt. I'm happy with version 9.1.2.5.
That "Sound Enhancer" mode sounds terrible. Boggles my mind that I'll go on some people's computers and see that it's on.
Sounds like putting a BBE Sonic Maximizer on the signal, which is a pretty nasty sound IMHO. Hyped, scratchy high end FTL.

well, only benefit I see from them is laptop or other low quality speakers

Wow, I actually was thinking about this a few days ago and figured it was just me. Kinda glad I'm not the only one that noticed this.

I shall revert to an older Itunes now.

I don't understand why people would use anything but their DAW to listen to reference mixes. You're just introducing variables you have no control over.

I don't even let Windows use my audio interface. All the Windows GUI sounds (eg. errors, media players, etc) are out of the built in sound card.

I use a small format mixer to monitor and bus my DAW interface and OS audio independently.

I honestly have no idea what benefits I could even gain to upgrading from my current version of 9.1.2.5.
It plays music and imports the CDs for me.
What the fuck else do I actually need from it? Not gonna upgrade unless it gives me access to world domination mode and acquiring a thousand 10/10 bitches mode.

I honestly have no idea what benefits I could even gain to upgrading from my current version of 9.1.2.5.
It plays music and imports the CDs for me.
What the fuck else do I actually need from it? Not gonna upgrade unless it gives me access to world domination mode and acquiring a thousand 10/10 bitches mode.

I can't sync my iPad/iPhone at the moment b/c the newest firmware is only compatible with 10.1 and above... pretty fucking weak.. that's the only real reason I've seen to upgrade, if you are using an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad w/ the newest software updates

^Ahh right, makes sense.
I don't own an iPod/iPad/iPhone/iAnythingthatapplemakesthathasaniinit.