ITunes - (why so long???)

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
Guys... WTF???? I uploaded the songs from our album, Bleed The Way to CD Baby last Sunday... It's STILL NOT UP on iTunes yet...

Any ideas?? Does it USUALLY take this long? I've got people busting my nuts about it and I WANT to say BUY THE ALBUM IT'S THERE... but it ain't!

Any one else using iTunes etc that could share some advice??
Thanks
Chris and Orpheus

Are you using Tunecore for your online Distro?

It generally takes about 2-4 weeks for it to become live, but if your Lucky its less.

It's cool, most people are gonna pirate it anyway. Not trying to be an ass just being realistic.

Took a single of mine about 3 weeks through tunecore : /

I think if you do a set date as to when you want them online, its a bit quicker. Could be wrong!

hmmm... well, just have to wait I guess...
And yes! I realise people are going to pirate it, it sucks dick...but at least they'll hear it!

Still... I know there are lots of people who are still going to be dignified enough to purchase it... fingers crossed :p

hmmm... well, just have to wait I guess...
And yes! I realise people are going to pirate it, it sucks dick...but at least they'll hear it!

Still... I know there are lots of people who are still going to be dignified enough to purchase it... fingers crossed :p

Definitely, hope all goes well for you and your band dude.

Totally disagree on the Tunecore thing - my album was live in less than 24 hours, and the generally "upload to live on iTunes" time via tunecore is 1-2 days. The 2-4 weeks quote is for every other store.

Totally disagree on the Tunecore thing - my album was live in less than 24 hours, and the generally "upload to live on iTunes" time via tunecore is 1-2 days. The 2-4 weeks quote is for every other store.

He is right. iTunes has no filing queue. It should be up immediately if all the metadata is up to their standards. Best to contact CD baby and ask them since they are handling your digital distribution

Thanks guys!
Our label sent an email yesterday to CD Baby... we shall see where this goes, I'm mega pissed about it still though :p