jackson j2-sp worth now

akamouzis

Nov 17, 2005
Hey guys,

Any idea how much a jackson j2-sp would be worth nowadays? they were discontinued a while ago and seem super rare so i assume they might worth more than what they retailed for when they were in production? think they will continue to appreciate in value?

i actually do have one. im not ready to sell yet though, but i am curious as to the value. if i could find a decent replacement for it and the price is right i would consider. the only reseason i would sell is simply because the V's have never been as comfortable for me. i sometimes feel like its giving me carpal tunnel haha

Reactions: Fastbodom
i actually do have one. im not ready to sell yet though, but i am curious as to the value. if i could find a decent replacement for it and the price is right i would consider. the only reseason i would sell is simply because the V's have never been as comfortable for me. i sometimes feel like its giving me carpal tunnel haha
Hate to tell you but it’s totally worthless you might as well sell it to me for like $5 don’t even think about it just ship it :)

I’m not too sure about the value though, I would say if you bought it within like 5 years it’s probably worth exactly what you got it for. I don’t see it’s value appreciating any higher than they were a couple years ago. If you bought it new years ago, then I’m really not sure at all

Hahaha nice try. i admire the effort. yah it is super tough to get an idea. there is not much info on them, and they rarely come up for sale. But they seem to be in demand. rare+low supply+demand usually means higher prices.
Then again maybe they are not as in demand as i think.

I have wondered about this too, as I still have mine. Wouldn't sell it for less than £10,000 though hahahahahah

I have wondered about this too, as I still have mine. Wouldn't sell it for less than £10,000 though hahahahahah
Yah i certainly wouldnt sell mine for at least more than i paid for it. let me know if you see anything comes up.
in cases like this i feel like the seller could actually create the market for it. for instance because they never come up, a seller could ask 3k for it, and there is probably someone in the world that wants one bad enough and would pay that. that sale would then create a comparable for future sales. any one want to create a market haha? 10k? i like where your heads at.

Yah i certainly wouldnt sell mine for at least more than i paid for it. let me know if you see anything comes up.
in cases like this i feel like the seller could actually create the market for it. for instance because they never come up, a seller could ask 3k for it, and there is probably someone in the world that wants one bad enough and would pay that. that sale would then create a comparable for future sales. any one want to create a market haha? 10k? i like where your heads at.
You could buy a custom guitar for 3k, I doubt anyone would buy the j2sp for 3k :D Then again, I am currently part of an upcoming melee PC game's alpha where we had to donate 60€ to the developer team to get access (If you donated more you got certain bonuses like your name in the credits etc.) and one guy donated 10 000 €. When asked "Are you rich or just poor at life decisions?" he answered with "Both". :D

So yeah, should you find his clone who just happens to be interested in guitars instead of axes (Heh...) you might get lucky.

That's exactly what I wanted to say. The only person who'd buy guitar like that for 3k (or 10k) will be a collectionner, not someone playing it. For you can get such an insane customshop for this price or even have a guitarmaker make one for you (though we'd be closer to 4k here).
I understand why you might be tempted to "make the market" at 3k, but honestly (and I don't say this just because I'm extremely interested in this guitar) it would probably never get sold.

for that mather, ive bought one a year ago, the black version( no bevels no pins) and i do like the guitar however tbh i prefer the ESP/Edwards models over the j2sp because of the neck feel suits me better i guess, ive got big hands and the neck of the ESP/Edwards are slightly thicker,
however guitar lover that i am, i kinda keep collecting guitars, if your'se is a pinstriped of beveld one i might be interested in your'se,, ive paid 1300 euro's for mine btw...

Mine is black also, no bevels, gold hardware. I will keep you guys in mind but at the moment im not sure what im gonna do with it yet. I still love it but its just a bit uncomfortable to play. ill let you guys know if im selling.

Mine is black also, no bevels, gold hardware. I will keep you guys in mind but at the moment im not sure what im gonna do with it yet. I still love it but its just a bit uncomfortable to play. ill let you guys know if im selling.

You mentioned carpal tunnel above. In which hand? I'm guessing the left, as back when I bought my ESP SV (Rhoads shape, two EMG's), I chose the SV shape largely due to the right-hand playing comfort it offers (Alexi having a nearly identical guitar had nothing to do with it. Absolutely nothing). Don't know if it's common or not (I'm guessing it's not as they're so common), but of all the non-v shaped guitars I've ever played, every single one transports my right hand shoulder and shoulder blade into the deepest pits of hell after an hour or so of playing, sometimes much faster. This doesn't happen with V / Rhoads shaped guitars.

Its in my left hand. i play righty. its just an awkward guitar to play and causes my left wrist to always be at a unnatural angle so it doesnt take long for it to start hurting. sucks cause i really love the guitar otherwise.

My J2SP has the J50BC and the JE-1000 :D

I actually want to get back into playing again but I've installed Windows 7 recently and there's a bloody delay when using the line in jack, so I think I need to buy a 3rd party sound card and see if that fixes it, I've googled it a few time and none of the fixes work for me.

My J2SP has the J50BC and the JE-1000 :D

I actually want to get back into playing again but I've installed Windows 7 recently and there's a bloody delay when using the line in jack, so I think I need to buy a 3rd party sound card and see if that fixes it, I've googled it a few time and none of the fixes work for me.

I had both installed but it sounded like shit with my set up so I took it out (was a shitty JE-1000 clone though) & opted for the EMG H-4 & MM04. Jackson pickup's still good if anyone's interested.

That's pretty bad if you've only recently installed windows 7 in 2018. I'm assuming your using a really old PC or laptop? It's more than likely a ram issue & if that's the case a sound card isn't gonna fix the issue- either way i'd like to help you if possible cause you've provided some great tabs over the years.

Also OP think I remember seeing a Jackson j2sp for $3500+ or so on gumtree (Australia craigslist pretty much) a few years ago although it wasn't on sale for long. That was with bevels so you'd probably get less if it doesn't have them considering the people interested is very small and for that price there are better options.

Last edited: