Jamey Jasta Podcast

mva801

Nov 18, 2009
Is anyone else listening to this religiously? Don't recall seeing anything about it here, but if you're even slightly interested in metal and hardcore you'll find an awesome interview with somebody.

Favorite interviews so far: Scott Kelly, Michael Akerfeldt, Brent Hinds, Kirk Windstein, clown from Slipknot, Chris Adler.

He goes into a lot of things with all his guests, talks a fair amount about the music business. He's real knowledgable and knows everybody. Check it out.

I've been skeptical just because he seems like a total meathead, but maybe I'm being too judgmental because of Hatebreed's image/lyrics. I'll have to give it a try. I like interviewers that can coax interesting responses out of people.

Parenthetically, I think it's funny that the first two people you mentioned have both declared that they hate metal in the last two or three years :lol:

Well maybe this forum is full of a different crowd but I got into hardcore and metal around 96 and 97, just when Hatebreed was starting to get big and I used to listen to them a lot. He talks to a ton of people who I had a lot of interest in. He can actually be pretty insightful, and it's cool to get a few musicians views on the music business from the inside. I love it.

Fwiw I hate 90% of the "metal" type stuff being released nowadays. Maybe I'm just old and hearing Jamey Jasta interview guys from Neurosis and Converge is just a nostalgia trip that like 10% of the guys on this forum would be into.

Either way I find it entertaining.

Well maybe this forum is full of a different crowd but I got into hardcore and metal around 96 and 97, just when Hatebreed was starting to get big and I used to listen to them a lot. He talks to a ton of people who I had a lot of interest in. He can actually be pretty insightful, and it's cool to get a few musicians views on the music business from the inside. I love it.

Fwiw I hate 90% of the "metal" type stuff being released nowadays. Maybe I'm just old and hearing Jamey Jasta interview guys from Neurosis and Converge is just a nostalgia trip that like 10% of the guys on this forum would be into.

Either way I find it entertaining.

Im with you 100%. Hatebreed was never my favorite band but their first couple of records were inescapable in the late 90's and are still way more listenable than any of that Asking Alexandria / haircut / bass drop / stutter edit / punch in every chord / mall-core bullshit that is being passed off as metal nowadays. Most of the people he interviews I respect even if I don't love their music. I really do need to tune into the podcast on the regular.

it's cool to get a few musicians views on the music business from the inside. I love it.

...and are still way more listenable than any of that Asking Alexandria / haircut / bass drop / stutter edit / punch in every chord / mall-core bullshit that is being passed off as metal nowadays.

I agree with you guys. I'm feeling more and more old when I listen to younger "metalheads" but sadly almost every new metal bands/albums sound and look just boring, unmusical and superficial to me. Fortunately there are awesome exceptions here and there but the majority of "new metal stuff" - especially the 'core' shit - make me a bit sick and make think about what happened to metal actually...

And yeah, music business discussions are always interesting so thanks for this thread I did not know about his show.

He just did an interview with Howard Jones (Killswitch Engage, Blood Has Been Shed, Devil You Know), and I thought it was pretty insightful, regardless of your feelings towards any of his bands. Its mostly a nostalgia trip as it is usually bands I listened to 10-15 years ago or more, but pretty entertaining.