Japanese Prog.

The only one I know is ''Happy Family''. A blend between Univers Zero and King Crimson. Very good and instrumental.

You might also remember that 80's heavy metal band also from Japan ''Loudness'':rolleyes:

The only one I know is ''Happy Family''. A blend between Univers Zero and King Crimson. Very good and instrumental.

You might also remember that 80's heavy metal band also from Japan ''Loudness'':rolleyes:

Theirs another site out their that has a Japanese cd section....:)

My 2 cents: Outer limits - I like the music but the vocals are horrid. Gerard - great musicians but compositionally kind of simple.

Some of my favorites:

Providence - And I'll Recite an Old Myth. Great late 80's prog
Happy Family - 1st album totally kicks ass
Kenso - several titles
Mongol - Doppler 444. Like Kenso with some Magma influence on the last track
Motoi Sakuraba - Gikyokuonsou. Great keyboardist, also has done several video game soundtracks
Bellaphon - Firefly. Good Camel-ish instrumental prog
Vienna - Step Into.. Late 80's prog with the original Gerard singer/guitarist and the Outer Limits keyboardist.
Kitaro - his early late 70's and early 80's titles where he used all analog equipment are quite nice electronic music albums, before he got into a newage formulaic rut.

I don't know about fav band but one release that I love is: Yuka & Chronoship - Water Reincarnation (great cd!)