Jorn Viggo Lofstad writing with Floor Jansen...

Even straight ahead music can have a spark. Magnus Karlsson and Tobias Sammet are the best examples. Viggo's work with Jorn and Beautiful Sin was average at best. He's a heck of a guitar player, but the songwriting is just eh. So color me skeptical that a Floor/Jorn collaboration will produce anything really good. She's one of the best vocalists and he's one of the best guitarists, but there's just not much songwriting strength there.

I guess we'll settle this when the X-world 5 album comes out. Nils sings on that one and I assume he probably wrote. It's supposed to be a straight ahead style.

Considering that Viggo didn't write the first 2 Pagan's Mind albums I beg to differ with this statement.

Incorrect. Viggo had his hands all over Celestial Entrance which is album # 2. I've had an extensive talk with him about that album actually. He certainly didnt write any of the Infinity Divine album though.

As for the Magnus Karlsson comment.......I dont hear him doing anything innovative that would make him sound better than Viggo. As matter of fact Viggos style and guitar tone I think are far superior to Magnuses. Allen / Lane, Tony O'hara, etc etc. The only stuff he's done that I would consider exceptional would be Last Tribe. Starbreaker was overhyped IMO.

Tobias Sammett? This shows you its just a matter of opinion as I find the new Avantasia to be mediocre at best. The last Edguy CD was mediocre as well. I hear tons of rehashed melodies from Tobias as of late.

As for X-World / 5 I have heard it, and I dont see it settling anything as its basically a melodic version of Rammstein.

I think the new AVANTASIA is brilliant. I epescially like how it's not typical power/speed metal (which i'm not a big fan of). Hell i even really dig the Bon Jovi songs (HA HA).

As matter of fact Viggos style and guitar tone I think are far superior to Magnuses. Allen / Lane, Tony O'hara, etc etc. The only stuff he's done that I would consider exceptional would be Last Tribe. Starbreaker was overhyped IMO.

There is more then one of him?!?! Of corpse that's how he makes so much KICK ASS material, it all makes sense.

As for the Magnus Karlsson comment.......I dont hear him doing anything innovative that would make him sound better than Viggo.

I'm referring to the songwriting. Karlsson writes awesome hooks and choruses.