Judas Priest is working on a new album!

Gammaween

Apr 3, 2009
So according to a posting on their website from the 26th of January Priest is working on new material and 'all is going really well'. It is also being reported by Blabbermouth per Glenn Tipton's official website this Epitaph world tour is NOT the end of the band!

According to a posting on JUDAS PRIEST's official web site, the legendary British heavy metal band is currently working on new material. The message adds that "all is going really well" and promises that more details will be made available at a later date.

A separate posting on JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Glenn Tipton's official web site reads, "As you may already be aware, PRIEST have announced a fair well world tour beginning this summer.

"We are all excited about the tour and are currently having meetings to discuss the stage production, but above all the set list. We intend to include some classic PRIEST songs that we haven't played before and of course the old favorites that everybody will want to hear.

"To put everyone's mind at rest, this is by no means the end of the band. In fact, we are presently writing new material, but we do intend this to be the last major world tour."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152891

Last major world tour = Still playing big festivals, and one-off shorter tours and gigs, I am sure.

Well, I suppose no chance for that NOSTRADAMUS tour that only myself and 3 others worldwide were interested in :)

Last major world tour = Still playing big festivals, and one-off shorter tours and gigs, I am sure.

Well, I suppose no chance for that NOSTRADAMUS tour that only myself and 3 others worldwide were interested in :)

Yeah, too bad. They knew it wasnast well received even though I loved it. I still say they could have done a couple one offs and do Nostradamus in full but it doesn't seem that will happen.

Despite that though, them working on new material is excellent news.

I thought Nostradamus would have been great live. I would have liked to have seen what they would've done with a full set and everything. But I'm honestly glad to know that the Epitaph tour is not the end of the road and that I'll at least have one more Judas Priest record to look forward to.

Nostradamus was great, but since I'd definitely have to travel to see it, I'd rather them play a mix of everything than a special set.

Just goes to show...Priest is not Maiden. Why is it everytime Priest does something...it turns into drama...messy drama...un-metal drama...or is that on purpose?

It would be cool to see Priest go out on a high-note a la Sentenced or Scorps...just please do it with some dignity...and a little bit of metal-ness...

I am a huge Priest fan...have been since Sad Wings, but man...some of the directions this band has gone...it's a wonder that they are still as revered as they are.

Rock on!

Just goes to show...Priest is not Maiden. Why is it everytime Priest does something...it turns into drama...messy drama...un-metal drama...or is that on purpose?

It would be cool to see Priest go out on a high-note a la Sentenced or Scorps...just please do it with some dignity...and a little bit of metal-ness...

I am a huge Priest fan...have been since Sad Wings, but man...some of the directions this band has gone...it's a wonder that they are still as revered as they are.

Rock on!

What drama are you speaking of? Years ago maybe when Rob left and then re-entered but not since.

What drama are you speaking of? Years ago maybe when Rob left and then re-entered but not since.

Yea, kind of wondering this myself. The ONLY drama that has surrounded that band since Rob came back was Dave Holland getting arrested for molesting that handicapped boy, and that wasn't really any drama on Priest's part, they simply said that they did not condone that behavior at all and distanced themselves from him.