Just got back from ALARUM gig...

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
Fuck yeah... you have to see these guys live to beleive it... they are 106 times more-awesome live... Really down to earth guys, i had a huge conversation with one of their guitarists about atheist and cynic, jazz fusion and guitar stuff and how he writes his stuff etc... awesome guy... same with the vocalist/bassist, really nice guy, really willing to talk to the fans etc... i didn't really think that the crowd would go for the whole 'technical thing', but i seriously reckon that they were the show stoppers, everyone fucking got up and watched in awe at the leads and riffs... really awesome...

These guys rival CYNIC... and they are quite possibly the most engrossing and intersting band to see live... best bandd i've ever seen actually...!!

I didn't even bother staying for segression, the arrogant little fucks. chris rand walked straight past me, totally ignored a pile of us near the stage, so fuck him... i went home without even waiting for their set... I would have paid the $30 just to see alarum!!

PLUS!! I got myself a copy of their cd (i traded my first copy with jimbob) and demo, and i bought an AWESOME alarum T-Shirt, and i got a free beer-holder from the singer wheni told him how much they OWNED...

Yes. You should ALL go out now and purchase a copy of their cd, FLUID MOTION. Best new band in a LOOOONG time!! This is the future of metal, australian technical death metal!

-Trapped

segression, the arrogant little fucks. chris rand walked straight past me, totally ignored a pile of us near the stage, so fuck him... i went home without even

TEHRE FUCKED ANYWAY - trendy cocks

try to do the METAL FESTIVAL in canberra for 12yrs, tehre are alot of interesting bands, all genre's...and well MISERY from your home city blew me away I am afraid, they covered alot of ground...and the drummer was a real metal drummer, shirt off and pouring sweat, fucken attack mode all the time.....

I had a write up of the band u just saw -2 weeks ago...it wa a feature....glad to hear there is more than KORN AND TOOL.

I have some australian PROGRESSIVE/TECHNICAL METAL I WILL MAKE IT TO MP3'S FOR YOU...but they are slow pace...echo silence well I really realy likeit...
cheers!!!

Echo silence OWN as trapped would say. Send the band to him. He must like them. Great stuff. They are slow some, but they have their moving stuff as well.

Send him Dream Killer as well. The promo demo. He needs it.

The echo guys know their instraments.

Yeah... i was the one that sent echosilence to mags in the first place... :)

Yeah, Psi-Kore were awesome... i'm not a fan of the band, but they know how to get a crowd going.... there was alot of nu-metal and rock, which was okay, just not my style... There was another good band... i THINK it was kyser?? dunno, but they were damn good... as were sakkuth, death/black... very good... Good atmoshpere too, although there were a few too many trendy-goths there... NIN and TOOL shirts galore... there were FOUR dreaming neon black shirts (one was mine) worn, one of the dudes came up to me and said that he saw nevermore when they were here last time, and he took WD out for drinks with a mate... he said his band were looking for a lead guitarist, so i hooked him up with my details etc... I'm going to give him the nevermore, cynic and cd/death demos either way... cool guy...

the LOWLIGHT was post-life-disorder... totaly crap... unbearable... i started drinking alot at that point... :lol:

It was actually held in a building with two stages, one was a BAR, you know, pool tables, bar, drinks, smoke etc... cool atmosphere, everyone was real nice and stuff...

Mags... i'll send you ALARUM and their demo, you'll dig it like echosilence...

-Trapped

Trapped - i reckon the dude who came up to you was my friend, the one i mentioned at the Opeth Off Topic board. Sounds like his story. he's been looking for Focus for years. hehe, good luck, I keep telling him. :)

Cheers

Paul D.

I was under the impression Focus was out of print, but there are just a few copied still floating around at various vendors. Either way my friend has no access to a credit card to order from online vendors anyway. It's the curse of living in Australia sometimes.

Cheers

Paul D.

The best way to get it is through trades... there is no way you can possibly get it on a shelf, but there is a few online stores that has some cool stuff...

I got THE SOUND OF PERSEVERANCE on RED vinyl from www.impactrecords.com.au, very stoked...