Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
Teaser:

http://www.kamelothaven.com

Pre-order at http://kamelot.napalmrecords.com

KAMELOT Announce Release Date For New Album "HAVEN"
Artwork and Track Listing Revealed!

Symphonic Metal Masters KAMELOT return after 2 years of touring the globe and 12 months of intense writing and recording. In mid 2014 the band entered the studio to begin recording their follow-up to the highly acclaimed chart topping album Silverthorn. The new album titled HAVEN will make KAMELOT history as it will be released worldwide (excl. Asia ) on Napalm Records /Universal and Napalm Records/ADA-Warner as an exclusive licensing deal through the band's KAMELOT MUSIC LLC in early May 2015 and will showcase KAMELOT at their finest!

Today the breathtaking artwork, track listing and album configurations have been unveiled. HAVEN will be available to pre-order in multiple bundle packages at the Napalm Records Webstore - starting Thursday, February 26th 2015.

HAVEN - The new masterpiece by KAMELOT coming out:
UK/NO/FR/DK/IT: 04.05.2015
USA/CAN: 05.05.2015
SE/ESP: 06.05.2015
G/A/S/Europe/AUS: 08.05.2015

HAVEN Track Listing:
CD 1
1. Fallen Star
2. Insomnia
3. Citizen Zero
4. Veil of Elysium
5. Under Grey Skies
6. My Therapy
7. Ecclesia
8. End of Innocence
9. Beautiful Apocalypse
10. Liar Liar (Wasteland Monarchy)
11. Here's To The Fall
12. Revolution
13. Haven

Tracklist Bonus CD / Earbook and Mediabook:

1. End Of Innocence Piano Version
2. Veil of Elysium Acoustic Version
3. Fallen Star Orchestral Version
4. Here's To The Fall Orchestral Version
5. My Therapy Orchestral Version
6. Fallen Star Instrumental
7. Insomnia Instrumental
8. Citizen Zero Instrumental
9. Veil of Elysium Instrumental
10. Under Grey Skies Instrumental
11. My Therapy Instrumental
12. End of Innocence Instrumental
13. Beautiful Apocalypse Instrumental
14. Liar Liar (Wasteland Monarchy) Instrumental
15. Revolution Instrumental

Produced by acclaimed music producer Sascha Paeth and mastered by Jacob Hansen, HAVEN is a massive album that is sure to please critics and fans alike. Additional guests include Alissa White-Gluz (Arch Enemy), Troy Donockley (Nightwish) and Charlotte Wessels (Delain). Artwork is by Stefan Heilemann, with additional art/layout from Gustavo Sazes.

Following the release of HAVEN, Kamelot will embarque on a massive WORLD TOUR, starting with North America in April/May 2015 followed by European shows in the Summer 2015 and with The Haven European Tour in September/October 2015 the band will return to Europe for their biggest headliner tour to date. Check out www.kamelot.com/site/tour for ticket info!

kamelot-haven-promoposter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Loooove me some Kamelot. Can't wait! Disc sounds very promising, and hopefully Tommy does a bit more Tommy this go round.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if this wasn't a goth/emo concept album but based on the cover alone I'm sure it's all of the above. Of course I'll still buy this, prolly one if those deluxe packages, but was hoping for a straight up, high powered fist-to-face albums I know they are capable of. I'm guessing they stay with the working formula, though. I've rarely seen a band so easily turn into a brand, and here I am first in line to empty my wallet.

Sexy.... I pre-ordered the wooden box set. I don't expect it to match up with anything from The Fourth Legacy to The Black Halo, but even if it's around as good as the last 3 albums I'll be satisfied. Hell, I'm pretty much satisfied with anything they do. They seemingly can do no wrong for me.

...was hoping for a straight up, high powered fist-to-face albums I know they are capable of...I've rarely seen a band so easily turn into a brand...

This is a band that has featured a pretty female model on every single album cover since 1999. Only three of their albums don't have a girl as the main subject of each album cover. Are we sure we're looking at the same album covers here?

Listening to this brief snippet, Tommy is sounding more like Roy Khan than Roy Khan sounds like Roy Khan.

Agreed, and that's the one thing I REALLY wanted to see done differently than "Silverthorn". I love Khan's voice, but I want to hear Tommy being Tommy, and not Khan.

I know that I am a little bit of a fanboy; Kamelot is my favorite power metal band. I sometimes go back and listen to the first two Kamelot albums, and I will say that even before Roy Khan joined the band they still had a signature "sound." Sure, Mark Vanderbilt and Roy Khan have different voices, but the guitar tone and song structures were still very similar if you really listen to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVb0vFa1Isk

That being said, this has never been Khan's band; it's Thomas Youngblood's band. So I'm not surprised that in this context Tommy sounds similar to Khan. It's the guitar player's band, not the vocalist.

That being said, this has never been Khan's band; it's Thomas Youngblood's band. So I'm not surprised that in this context Tommy sounds similar to Khan. It's the guitar player's band, not the vocalist.

That's true in MANY bands, but rarely do they formulize the vocals as much as they are here..... Nightwish is Tuomas's band, but he doesn't try to replace vocalists with someone who has to sing just like the previous singer..... He incorporates a different style to his writing to fit the singer. Let Tommy be Tommy, I say!!! :headbang:

Maybe Tommy has more of his signature vocal sound in parts of the new album that aren't in the 30-second clip? He had a few soulful bits in Silverthorn. I see no reason why he wouldn't on the new Kamelot. Still, I think a comparison to Khan was already there before Khan left Kamelot. It's not like the two singers are polar opposites of one another. It's not like Matt Barlow came in and replaced Khan or something.

I have to second Palabria de Dios on this one. Tommy is certainly going for a similar sound to that of Khan, but he does have moments when he gets to throw in his unique stylings. Furthermore, this band has always been Thomas Youngblood's band, and he's no dummy. He's well aware of what brought this band increased success over the years. Of course, as is the case with any band that has to replace their singer, Kamelot is damned if they do and damned if they don't. If Khan was replaced by a singer who didn't sound anything like him, the fanboys would be extremely vocal in their distaste for someone who wouldn't even get the chance they deserved. On the flipside, anyone who sounds like Khan is immediately going to be dismissed as a clone. I personally feel that "Silverthorn" is the band's best release since "The Black Halo," and Tommy is one of the main reasons for that. I'm very much looking forward to "Haven."

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Hmmm. I wonder why the release dates are so widely staggered. If the info in the post is correct, the disc comes out in April but Europe won't see a general release until July?!? I mean, I understand wanting to coincide with tour dates and all that, but isn't three months a really long time to wait for a domestic release? Won't most everyone simply have bought an import long before then?

I'm not sure that Kamelot's commercial US fanbase is the importing type.

Hmmm. I wonder why the release dates are so widely staggered. If the info in the post is correct, the disc comes out in April but Europe won't see a general release until July?!? I mean, I understand wanting to coincide with tour dates and all that, but isn't three months a really long time to wait for a domestic release? Won't most everyone simply have bought an import long before then?

I think the middle number in those dates is the month. That means the releases are only staggered by a few days.