kind of quiet on this band member change

Bear

Got Shred??
Feb 6, 2002
Canton, Georgia
Last time Kamelot came to play San Francisco I was surprised to se a different bass player as no one had mentioned that Glenn was taking some time off from touring. Now I am surprised again to hear that he has quit Kamelot altogether and Sean Tibbets has been promoted to a full time member. If there was a thread I somehow missed it but color me a little sad as Glenn and his beautiful wife were very cool to hang out with at the Prog Powers previous...Anyways just saying

Bear

Yeah .. good dude. I met him a time or two. It sounded like it was a friendly split .. too bad it had to happen though. I take it Glenn just required more time at home than the touring schedule would allow.

Britt

Kamelot announced this situation on their MySpace blog 12/1/09:

December 1, 2009 - Tuesday

Kamelot bass situation!

As Kamelot's concert schedule grows and commitments increase the demand on its members has also increased. Kamelot's guitarist Thomas Youngblood states "Glenn called me a few weeks ago and told me he just couldn't do it anymore, and has to step aside. He is like a brother to us and we've been through a lot of great times, so we wanted him to make this decision."

Bassist Sean Tibbetts has been on tour with Kamelot now for more than 2.5 years, stepping in for Glenn Barry while he took time off for family. We are very pleased to announce Sean Tibbetts as the new Kamelot bassist!!!

~Jen

Indeed Glenn is a truly nice guy, I had the pleasure to hang with him and the rest of the guys a few times. Thanks for all the years and cool memories you gave us with Kamelot.