Lande/Allen Project

alexofbodom

Feb 24, 2002
Visit site
Taken from http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=26237http://www.bravewords.co

"LANDE/ALLEN - SYMPHONY X Singer Completes Vocals For New Project [Hot Flashes - 05.04.11 15:35:39]

As previously reported, vocalists Jorn Lande (MASTERPLAN) and Russell Allen (SYMPHONY X) have teamed up for an album together that will go under the name LANDE/ALLEN.

Now Italy’s Frontiers Records reports that Russell Allen has finally completed the recording of the vocal tracks of the highly anticipated album.

The record, which has a working title of The Battle, is going to be mixed during April by Anders “Theo” Theander (PAIN OF SALVATION, LAST TRIBE) at the Roastinghouse Studios in Sweden.

Frontiers plan to release the new album later this year. More details as they become available."

This sounds very interesting. I wonder what style they are singing/playing. I am afraid it will be more hard rock oriented, but I hope I am wrong.

If you don't like hard rock, make sure you stay away from Russell Allen's solo album...

LANDE/ALLEN will kick ASS! I can't possibly wait for this album...

Do you guys have any idea if it'll come out through InsideOut Music in the US?

Given that I don't care for either Allen's debut solo CD or Lande's last solo effort, some of the bloom is off this rose for me. That being said, I'll definitely give it a chance.

Zod

AngraRULES said:
If you don't like hard rock, make sure you stay away from Russell Allen's solo album...

LANDE/ALLEN will kick ASS! I can't possibly wait for this album...

Do you guys have any idea if it'll come out through InsideOut Music in the US?

I've heard a promo for the Russell Allen solo project, and it sounds fantastic! It's not Symphony X by any stretch, but he's not pulling a Luca Turilli here! If you like 70's oriented rock with a ballsy vocalist, then pick up Russell's solo CD when it comes out on April 26th! :headbang:

General Zod said:
Given that I don't care for either Allen's debut solo CD or Lande's last solo effort, some of the bloom is off this rose for me. That being said, I'll definitely give it a chance.

Zod

Ouch Zod.....geeze!!! :hotjump: I don't understand how anyone couldn't get anything out of Jorn's last solo effort! I personally thought it was one of the best releases last year! It amazes me how we all like the same genre of music on here, yet we're all so different! And people say this genre doesn't offer variety!!!

yea i was severely disapointed with most of the new russel allen cd. that raspy
hard edged voice he tries to pull off doesnt work in extended verses. the way he uses it sparingly in SyX works fine. but i would rather not here it in whole songs.

edgeofthorns said:
Ouch Zod.....geeze!!! :hotjump: I don't understand how anyone couldn't get anything out of Jorn's last solo effort! I personally thought it was one of the best releases last year! It amazes me how we all like the same genre of music on here, yet we're all so different!
It never ceases to amaze me either. Actually, it's something I've commented on quite frequently.

I thought Jorn's last disc was fairly weak. Just didn't do it for me.

Zod

adaher said:
Isn't Magnus Karlsson the guitar player and songwriter? If so, that's pretty much a guarantee that it's awesome.

Yes, yes and....yes!!!

General Zod said:
It never ceases to amaze me either. Actually, it's something I've commented on quite frequently.

I thought Jorn's last disc was fairly weak. Just didn't do it for me.

Zod

What never ceases to amaze you? What have you commented on quite frequently? Actually, what do you like General Zod? I'm interested......... :err: