Long Distance Calling...

Post rock is described as using rock instruments to make non rock music. Using guitars for texture and atmosphere. Post metal is the fusion of metal and post rock. This sub genre labeling has gone too far nowadays. Post-rock/metal is basically instrumental prog-rock/metal.

Post rock is described as using rock instruments to make non rock music. Using guitars for texture and atmosphere. Post metal is the fusion of metal and post rock. This sub genre labeling has gone too far nowadays. Post-rock/metal is basically instrumental prog-rock/metal.

And then you've got labels like K-scope (or something like that), who handles Steve Wilsons solo releases amongst other things.
They use the term "post prog" to describe the the music they release.

They released the latest Anathema album, which is kinda pop-like (although, not a bad album at all).

So...is the conclusion that "post prog" = pop?

Maybe I can ask the guy who stops by my house 6 days a week and leaves envelopes for me to open... the post-man.

interesting, i thought that Portnoy was considered one of the best metal drummers, never knew that progressive artful metal-/rock-music had anything to do with Fallout Boy or emo.

interesting, i thought that Portnoy was considered one of the best metal drummers, never knew that progressive artful metal-/rock-music had anything to do with Fallout Boy or emo.

Me either. I never thought Scat Ian and R0bb1E had anything to do with em0 either....crazy how 'these damn things' can change :kickass:

In all honesty I am just fuckin with you. Obviously dream theater and this other band are not emo. Never been a huge Dream Theater fan but I respect them as artists and musicians, just not my cup o tea