Look what I won...

alanbirdsell

That's gonna leave a mark
Dec 13, 2002
Spokane, WA
www.alanbirdsell.com
A local radio station was having a give away of this nifty little gem. It's a real RIAA platimun award for Queensryche's Empire. It's a copy awarded to a DJ rather than the band, so it's not quite as cool, but still pretty rare none-the-less. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a huge QR fan, so this was a really cool score. They had a drawing at a live broadcast and I swung by and tossed my name in the hat. I didn't hear anything announced on the air, so later when they played their daily 80's metal trivia game I called in and won (it's like shooting fish in a barrel for me) and when I gave the DJ my name, he said, "Oh you won the Queensryche album too." It was a good day!

alanempire.jpg

Right on! Super Freaky! … Not too freaky. A while back my wife entered a slip into a contest box; she won a free bed and they delivered it for nothing, yea... When I was 9 I won a bb-gun by having the highest target score out of both age groups...

I hope you have a safe to put that thing in, or some bullet proof class bolted to a cement wall – from behind. Congratulations on your score.

Sometime the powers of manifestation are with me :D I'm working on manifesting a gold album for the 1st tribute band to sell 500,000 copies :D Wonder who that is? I will have a hole on the other side of my computer desk from this one ;)

alanbirdsell said:
I'm working on manifesting a gold album for the 1st tribute band to sell 500,000 copies :D Wonder who that is?

Oh I believe I know to whom you are talking about, I bought the CD and I'm keeping it stuffed away, and I play off a copy, because I think the CD is going to end up a collectors item - with autographs too; you know how that goes.

Congratulations, that is sweet! I would love to have one of those hanging on my wall.

alanbirdsell said:
...later when they played their daily 80's metal trivia game I called in and won (it's like shooting fish in a barrel for me)
Maybe you can post some of the trivia questions here? Would be kinda interesting... I like shooting fish too.

Actually, they play old 80's songs and you have to guess who the band is. A lot of stuff that you might see on the old Headbanger's Ball. I scored about $200 worth of concert tickets one day they played Tyketto. The one the other day I won was The Electric Boys' song Groovus Maximus. I have offered up suggestions to supply the guy with songs. I have plenty of obscure stuff. Linda and Sara can vouch for my music collection, part of it takes up one wall of my living room. So, to recreate the contest, I might pull a few gems and post them here if ya'll wanna play :D