Lyric Videos

Aug 6, 2003
Sandy Eggo
Visit site
Dear Metal Artists,

Let us have a talk about lyrics videos. I know they are a great cheap way to promote your music in a dynamic way. Most smaller bands do not have the budget to do a video or several videos. So it is a great affordable way to generate buzz about your band or album album. Huzzah.

But here is the thing, by nature they call a lot of attention and focus to your lyrics. As much as I love metal many bands struggle in this department, especially power metal bands. I think with these bands the focus is better on the music, shredding etc. I have watched a few lyric videos over the last couple of weeks where the lyrics were so awkward that it was cringeworthy. If they had been normal videos, who knows maybe I would not have noticed as much. So perhaps what you need to institute are instrument videos that show all the metal goodness and not so much your lyrical shortcomings.

All the best,

:)

Before you get your panties in a bunch this is written with tongue firmly in cheek. While I have grown tired of lyric videos for the reasons stated above, I am not seriously advocating any specific changes.:loco: