Mattias from Freak Kitchen getting a phone call during their set...

Palabra de Dios

Heavy Metal Weatherman
Mar 22, 2005
St. Joseph, MO
To anyone who took pictures during Freak Kitchen's set, I would love to have some pics of IA talking on my cell phone to my girlfriend directly after them playing "Taste My Fist." It was a moment I will never forget, and she was ecstatic afterwards when I was able to speak to her about it. If ANYONE took pictures of IA during this time, find some way to post them or send them to me.

To explain what really happened: I met the guys from Freak Kitchen in front of the venue when I was waiting in line to enter around 4pm on Friday. They signed my stuff and I told IA that I was going to call Melissa (my girlfriend) during a song that she knew (which is either one from Spanking Hour or Dead Soul Men). He then looked at me and said "Shit, just give me the phone while I'm on stage and I'll talk to her directly." Knowing that he could have actually been serious, I did what he told me to do during Taste My Fist, he smiled at me, and then took my phone.:lol:

When I told her about it, she didn't believe it was actually him, but when she realized it was real, she freaked out. So please help me as I'd love to help her relive what I believe to be my favorite ProgPower moment ever.

Palabra, I am so sorry I didn't get that bro, I think I was so shocked that he was talking on your phone that I was just laughing too much. There is a nice shot of us on Freakkitchen.com tho!

I too was paying too much attention to what he was saying to even think about taking a pic of it. I took a ton of pics of FK, just went through them and didn't find one. Sorry dude.

I took almost 1000 pictures this weekend and its a FREAKin chore to get them all sorted LOL.. I hope I got one of that, it was a classic moment for sure!

Bear

I really hope someone got a pic of it. Palabra was going ecctatic just at the possibility of IA calling his g/f. Considering the day he has had today, a picture of that moment would definately brighten it.

Sucks that this was the year that there wasn't a ton of camera's because of the new rules. =(

I'm bumping this topic to the front page for now. If there is really a resounding "no" on the possibility of someone having a pic of this, then I'll let it die soon.

That was truly an amazing moment. When my pictures are developed, I'll definitely go through them for you. I'm afraid I don't have high hopes, though.