Melodic Rock Fest 2: Y&T, Winger, W.E.T. and more

Is any of you guys familiar with Goodbye Thrill? They played at Melodic Rock Fest a few years ago (last year?) The band features Venturia's vocalist Marc Ferreira.

Really really good stuff if you're into melodic hard rock/aor. Definitely worth checking out!!!! Mix was done by Beau Hill (Europe, Ratt, Winger, Alice Cooper) and the album came out via Kivel Records if I'm not wrong.

Some more stuff available on Myspace if anyone cares, or directly with Marc. Let me know if anyone's interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone joining a weekend of melodic rock greatness??? W.E.T, Danger Danger, Jimi Jamison, Crown of Thorns, Y&T, Ted Poley, Elicpse, Alias, Terry Brock, etc, etc...What a fuckingtastic lineup!!!!!!!!!

Yup. Got my VIP tickets. I don't think the VIP tickets are going to add as much as the Gold Badge perks, but it was worth it for the Friday night show.

Yep, got my 2 day passes. Didn't think the VIP tix were worth it but Y&T, Dangerx2, Edens Curse, Winger, & WET hell yeah. Maybe we can get a local progpower group together to go to the show. Email me for those interested. I'm in Arlington Heights, a close burb.

Two friends and I have our Sat/Sun tickets and a hotel reservation at the Holiday Inn. Couldn/t miss this line up. We also thought that the VIP price was too much for the Friday night show, getting in 15 minutes early to Sat and Sun and the rest that VIPs are getting. That is unfortunate as we woudl wotherwise see the Friday show. We will fly in Friday since we are flying in from California and couldn't get in Sat before the show started. Hence, we will just be hanging out Friday night looking for some good Chicago pizza. If anyone has any suggestions as to where to go for the pizza or anything else Friday night, let me know.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where to go for the pizza or anything else Friday night, let me know.

Memory's a bit hazy now since it's been a long time since I saw the two Dream Theater shows there at the Vic, but we ordered a pizza from a place called, I believe, Chicago's Pizza (woah, who'd'a thunk it?) that was absolutely stunning.
We thought we were being charged a "big-city price" when we were quoted $19 or $20 for ONE medium 12" pie.......until it arrived in all its glory. There were three of us, and we couldn't finish the whole thing. :kickass:

Chicagoans, is that place still around? They delivered to us at the Days Inn in Linkin-- err, Lincoln Park, and were located north of there as I hazily recall.

Seems like a strong line up, for what it is. However, it's not my cup of tea either.
Yea, while I think the line up is definitely strong for many, it doesn't make me want to fly to Chicago. Though, for the pizza, maybe, that deep dish stuff is the bomb!