Merry Christmas

_Serenity_Painted_Death_

New Metal Member
Apr 29, 2007
I would like to wish the members of Opeth as well as everybody here on the forum a very merry Christmas.

I apologize in advance to those about to point out that this isn't about Opeth and therefore shouldnt be in this part of the forum but I don't give a fuck.

MerryMetalChristmas.jpg

Jesus was born in June people! But happy holidays nevertheless. I'm sure most of you aren't stuck with planning a wedding the week after Christmas =(

yeah cause i'm sure he was a real person too.................

no im kidding, im not gonna be the one to start shit on a christmas thread :p

Happy holidays everyone, hope you all have a great one:headbang:

I didn't know Opeth were Christian.

Swedish christmas doesn't have much to do with Jesus.
Our name for it is Jul a.k.a Yule.

Yule or Yule-tide was a Germanic midwinter festival involving a sacrificial feast that was absorbed into Christmas. The Pagan Germanic peoples celebrated Yule from late December to early January on a date determined by the lunar Germanic calendar, but the festival was placed on December 25 when the Christian (Julian) calendar was adopted. Some historians claim that the celebration is connected to the Wild Hunt or was influenced by Saturnalia, the Roman winter festival. The term is still used in the Nordic Countries and to a lesser extent English speaking countries to refer to Christmas. Customs such as the Yule log, Yule goat, Yule boar, Yule singing, and others stem from Yule. In modern times, Yule is observed as a cultural festival and also with religious rites by some Christians and by some Neopagans.

^Yup, same here in Finland where we call it Joulu. The festival has simply been christianized later on, but originally it of course had nothing to do with Jesus.