Metal Bands touring the US?

alexofbodom

Feb 24, 2002
Visit site
Does anybody know what bands are doing a US tour this year?

I know that In Flames is coming in August to open for Soulfly and Slayer. They were awesome when I saw them with Jag Panzer and Iced Earth!!
Dream Theater is also doing one with Satriani and King's X. And Sinergy is planning one but it is still up in the air.

I'm still deciding whether I should go to the Milwaukee Metalfest. I definitely want to see Angel Dust, Jag Panzer, Tad Morose, Seven Witches, Arch Enemy, Into Eternity, and a couple other bands, but the large majority (like 90%) of the bands are death and black metal. Anybody here going?

SIX FEET UNDER & HATEBREED's "Death Across America" Tour might be interesting. it starts on July 27 in Milwaukee.
KING'S X, DREAM THEATER & JOE SATRIANI tour starts August 8 in Phoenix.

i think i'll stick close to home and go to the FURNACE FEST in Birmingham, Alabama on August 1,2,3. IN FLAMES, MESHUGGAH, HASTE, ZAO- lots of other bands on Tooth & Nail Records
Check out www.furnacefest.com

Originally posted by YtseJammer
Virgin Steele is playing New York in September...not sure if they're playing anywhere else..

Can't wait to see these guys again!!

THEY ARE?!?!?! The last time they played was out on Long Island at a place I'm not familiar with, but it was unfortunately while I was in Las Vegas...is it at the same place do you know? Oh damn, I'm so excited! I've never seen them live!

And to add to the topic, don't forget about the Kreator/Destruction tour SHREDDING its way through the States in September/October (alas, no Sodom). German thrash legends in 500-1000 capacity venues? Sign me up! :D

Originally posted by markgugs

THEY ARE?!?!?! The last time they played was out on Long Island at a place I'm not familiar with, but it was unfortunately while I was in Las Vegas...is it at the same place do you know? Oh damn, I'm so excited! I've never seen them live!

They played a few months ago at Mulcahy's in Wantagh, Long Island. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen..can't wait until September.

DT on the 14th
VS on the 21st

Ytse, is the show in September at Mulcahey's also? I thought it was some place closer to the North Shore, maybe started with a 'V' but I could of course be mistaken...

When do tix go on sale, and can they be gotten through TicketBastard?

This shows how much better organized ProgPower is than the Metalfest. We already have the schedule months before the festival, and the Metalfest is only two weeks away and still nothing! Ritchie (guitarist of Angel Dust) told me he would give me a copy of the schedule of the Metalfest as soon as he got one, but so far nothing. I definitely want to know because maybe all the bands I want to see play on the same day. I definitely do not want to sit through hours of death and black metal.

Originally posted by DT Jesus
Don't forget the Dio/Deep Purple/Scorpions tour. I'll be hitting that show in Milwaukee this Sunday.

-matt
np: Goo Goo Dolls - Nothing Can Change You

OH MAN, YOU ARE IN FOR A BIG TREAT, THE SCORPS ABSOLUTELY ROCK AND DIO, WELL HE'S DIO AND THE NEW GUITARIST FITS IN NICELY, HAVE FUN.
SEE YA IN ATLANTA....

Originally posted by YtseJammer

They played a few months ago at Mulcahy's in Wantagh, Long Island. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen..can't wait until September.

DT on the 14th
VS on the 21st

I only know of the show at Lamours in Brooklyn in September..tickets go on sale soon, not sure when..but it won't sell out for a while.

And to add to the topic, don't forget about the Kreator/Destruction tour SHREDDING its way through the States in September/October (alas, no Sodom). German thrash legends in 500-1000 capacity venues? Sign me up! :D

WTF? I never knew this!

Are tickets on sale already? I LOVE KREATOR!!!

Are they coming anywhere near our neck of the woods Mark?

Originally posted by JayKeeley

WTF? I never knew this!

Are tickets on sale already? I LOVE KREATOR!!!

Are they coming anywhere near our neck of the woods Mark?

Jay, not only do we have our choice of grimy L'Amours in Brooklyn on 9/13, but they're playing at Krome (used to be Club Bene) in South Amboy, NJ on 9/12.

To make matters better (as if), Virgin Steele will be hitting Long Island L'Amours in 9/21. September is metal month! Whattaya say?

Jay, not only do we have our choice of grimy L'Amours in Brooklyn on 9/13, but they're playing at Krome (used to be Club Bene) in South Amboy, NJ on 9/12.

To make matters better (as if), Virgin Steele will be hitting Long Island L'Amours in 9/21. September is metal month! Whattaya say?

9/13 is a Friday.
9/21 is a Saturday.

Count me in man! :D