Metal Church and Posessed

Fuck yeah!
Anyone who doesnt own the 1st Metal Church album as well as the 3 Possessed records shouldnt even consider themselves a real metal fan (IMO)

I know most people love Seven Churches best, and while I still love it, I prefer Beyond the Gates. (Eyes of Horror was awesome too) I just love the guitar sound on Gates. Songs like
"Phantasm" are just so chillingly brutal. "March to Die", Beasts of the Apocalypse", "Seance", etc. all killer!
Jeff had a killer voice too. Those guys so ruled!
and theres just something about the Metal Church self titled record that is just so powerful.
First time I saw them, they opened for Metallica on the Puppets tour and they absolutely ruled live! The Dark was pretty good too, but not nearly as killer as the 1st.

Of course I remember Metal Church! Does anyone have the Metal Church Live that was released in '98? It's a great cd! Great production!

I'll Hit You Like A Ton Of Bricks!!!:headbang:

hell yea METAL CHURCH FUCKING RULES!!!!!! ME being from the seattle area i had the chance to see them live many many times and i still listen to them evey chance i get (daily)

Metal Church is great, I havent heard Possessed though, is it thrash or death metal?
(Sounds like it might be death, which im not into much)

The first Possessed album "Seven Churches" was a death metal album and arguably the very 1st death metal album, but their second and third records "Beyond the Gates and The Eyes of Horror" (which I believe are on the same cd) are thrash metal, so I would suggest this cd to you.
Possessed rule!

Happy to help!,
Beyond the Gates is a full length album but Eyes of Horror was an EP so they are on the same cd. Im not sure if its still in print. I'm from the old school so I still have the vinyls, maybe someone else here who buys cds can let you know.
Always glad to turn someone on to killer metal!
Good luck!

Even this old bean has never really heard Possessed , and I am usually up on the thrashy stuff. I have a compilation (maybe a metal massacre?) that had one song, and I remember not liking it. If their last two are considered thrash, then I'll take a chance and get them.

I do, though, have that '98 Metal Church live album, and though I am not a fan of live albums, I love this and recommend this one highly. Wayne on vocals, sound quality is good considering they came from some tapes in a basement or something.

I even like Masterpeace, reminicent of later Metal Church but with Wayne again on vocals. Nothing, not even this, touches their self-titled debut for thrash, though. Beyond the Black is one the top ten songs ever recorded, IMO.

Possessed was damm cool. Metal Church for all it's glory
I slam for doing a song with Rap guy Sir Mix A Lot in like 89
or 90. The song was called "Iron Man" .....not Sab's Lyrics,
but Metal Church did the guitar work.
It was REALLY REALLY REALLY LAME in a REALLY embarrasing
kind of way.

Sorry.

-OfficerNice.