Metal Storm Awards

Alternative Metal Album: Minus 45 Degrees - Mute

Avantgarde Metal Album: i have a complaint with The Mars Volta being on there, seeing as how, though they did make the best album of 2005, are in now way shape or form a metal band, so i'll have to go with Fantomas.

Black Metal: I can't say I really keep up with the black metal coming out these days, but Swan Road is definitely one the best metal albums in years.

Death Metal: Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked

Doom Metal: Swallow the Sun - Ghosts of Loss

Folk Metal: who gives a shit?

Gothenburg Metal: Dark Tranquillity - Character

Gothic Metal: Paradise Lost - Paradise Lost (these guys will always rock)

Grindcore: Napalm Death - The Code is Red...Long Live the Code (they havent done an album this good in a long time, really)

Heavy Metal: anything but Black Label Society

Industrial Metal: Jesu - Jesu (though i was hoping to see Mindless Self Indulgence on the list...)

Power Metal: Kamelot - The Black Halo (say what you will, this record is still miles ahead of any of the garbage on that list)

Progressive Metal: Opeth - Ghost Reveries (metal album of the year perhaps?)

Suomi Metal: what the fuck? i've never heard of it. anyays, HIM are definitely modern mainstream rock's finest band, so i'll have to go with their latest.

Symphonic Metal: i dont listen to any of those bands

Thrash Metal: Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor (i dont care what you say about Biomechanical, this album is the shit)

Best DVD: that In Flames DVD is great. the band is in top form and they play a ton of their old songs.

The biggest letdown: Cephalic Carnage - Anomalies

They could call themselves death metal, that wouldn't change anything.