Metal Xmas Album

poundingmetal74

Demons Will Fly
Oct 18, 2004
Canada, eh
www.finalstage.ca
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wish-Metal-Christmas-Headbanging-Year/dp/B001DJ14W0"]We Wish You a Metal Christmas and Headbanging New Year.[/ame]

Downloaded this album a little while ago. I like it a LOT better than the Hair Band Xmas album they released last year. The Dio Track is killer - sounds like it was left off the last H&H disc and they replaced the words. I also love the Motorhead track. I'm not big on Lemmy vocally, but it suits him perfectly. Sort of sounds like a lost track from Ace of Spades.

Perhaps the biggest disappointment on the disc was Tate's song. His voice continues to slip further and further into mediocrity.

Anywho, here's the tracklist:
1. We Wish You A Merry Xmas - Soto, Jeff Scott & Bruce Kulick/Bob Kulick/Chris Wyse/Ray Luzier
2. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Cooper, Alice & John 5/Billy Sheehan/Vinny Appice
3. Run Rudolph Run - Lemmy & Billy F Gibbons/Dave Grohl
4. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Dio, Ronnie James & Tony Iommi/Rudy Sarzo/Simon Wright
5. Little Drummer Boy - Pinnick, Dug & George Lynch/Billy Sheehan/Simon Phillips
6. Santa Claus Is Back In Town - Owens, Tim 'Ripper' & Steve Morse/Juan Garcia/Marco Mendoza/Vinny Appice
7. Silent Night - Billy, Chuck & Scott Ian/Jon Donais/Chris Wyse/John Tempesta
8. Silver Bells - Tate, Geoff & Carlos Cavazo/James Lomenzo/Ray Luzier
9. Deck the Halls - Logan, Oni & Craig Goldy/Tony Franklin/John Tempesta
10. Grandma Got Ran Over By A reindeer - Pearcy, Stephen & Tracii Guns/Bob Kulick/Billy Sheehan/GregBissonette
11. Rockin' Around the Xmas Tree - Turner, Joe Lynn & Bruce Kulick/Bob Kulick/Rudy Sarzo/SimonWright
12. Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - Shaw, Tommy & Steve Lukather/Marco Mendoza/Kenny Aronoff

Hehe, expected another Twisted Sister disaster when seeing the title :)

Tate mediocre?? Saw Ryche live half a year or so ago and Tate still sounds far above avarage, even one of the better live performances I ever saw !! Not the high note hitter as in the 80's, but still an awesome voice !

a) I'm not into carols, so unless these are really metal versions I'm not interested.
b) I read somewhere a very bad review about an album of metal carols, dunno if it was this one.

I'll have to look upon it and download it, but I doubt I will get into it.

Hehe, expected another Twisted Sister disaster when seeing the title :)

Tate mediocre?? Saw Ryche live half a year or so ago and Tate still sounds far above avarage, even one of the better live performances I ever saw !! Not the high note hitter as in the 80's, but still an awesome voice !

He sounds at least as bad on Silver Bells as he did on the new covers album. He's completely lost that majestic tone in his voice. He can still sing relatively high, but it just doesn't sound good.

I've seen them live twice in the past few years and both times he's sounded pretty good. I've heard bootlegs where he sounded almost as good as he was in the 80s - but those are few and far between.

I have a review copy that I got a few weeks back... there are a handful of songs on there that are good...but not enough to make it more than an impulse buy...

Thanks for the hint, I trust your instincts on this one. :kickass:

Thanks for the hint, I trust your instincts on this one. :kickass:

These are the only ones worth listening to once....

2. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Cooper, Alice & John 5/Billy Sheehan/Vinny Appice
3. Run Rudolph Run - Lemmy & Billy F Gibbons/Dave Grohl
4. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Dio, Ronnie James & Tony Iommi/Rudy 11. Rockin' Around the Xmas Tree - Turner, Joe Lynn & Bruce Kulick/Bob Kulick/Rudy Sarzo/SimonWright