Metallica and Mercyful Fate - 30th Anniversary Show

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
Just stumbled upon this video from Metallica's 30th Anniversary gig at the Fillmore in San Francisco. Metallica may not be what they once were, but they certainly show some youthful exuberance when playing with those that influenced them.

While I know Metallica may not be every bodies favorite band these days, but I always enjoyed the fact that they gave props to those that influenced them throughout the years so seeing them in this video with 4 of the original members of Mercyful Fate tearing up the Mercyful Fate medley Metallica did back on the Garage Days disc made me want to headbang like my younger days. Speaking of Mercyful Fate - those first few albums really are classics of the metal genre. Hank Shermann and Michael Denner wrote some catchy and memorable as hell riffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
seen metallica and merciful fate playing some fate tunes back in 99 at the gods of metal, it was fucking great!!!
hell yeah I love merciful fate, I covered a lot of their songs with a band! it was tough covering those tunes, I hadn't guitar pro at that time and was all by ear or txt tabs over the net