Michael Harris "Tranz Fused"

Fair enough but it's not supposed to be anything like a metal shred disc...it's supposed to be a sort of fusion jazz rock thing.

Shit it has Adam Nitti (Jazz/Funk/Fusion) on bass on some tracks and anything with him is usually tasty and has nothing to do with shred.

Here's an excerpt from a review of Tranz Fused.

Tranz-Fused finds guitarist Michael Harris going places only the most fearless guitarist would: the realm of fusion and experimental guitar. This is masterful, creative, and often totally over-the-top wild stuff. Call it genius or merely an exercise in boundless creativity for Harris, and pure intrigue for the listener.

Sounds like it's progressive stuff to me.

Doesn't matter. Any disc put out under a solo artist name is difficult for us to sell - unless they are extremely high profile. Not an indictment on the music.

Hey LT...yeah I'm looking forward to it myself...I've always loved Michaels playing and consider him one of the best...he's got some great players playing on the disc also...went to G9 and checked out some samples...it's some really off the wall stuff...gonna pick it up real soon.

Got this one and I have to say it's killer jazz/prog fusion of the highest order with some of the best musicians on the planet...I know the CD is Michael Harris's baby but it's certainly a group effort as all musicians involve kill on this...if you like guitar rock fusion it's a buy or die CD I can't recommend enough...Mike Haid & Adam Nitti amongst others turn in some great performances...and Michael is off the wall.

I'll definately check this one out. M. Harris has always been pretty dependable for his different projects.....great guitarist.
"Darkology" and "Thought Chamber" are my favorites.:p

Probbably one of the best metal jazz/fusion CD's in a long long while without a doubt Raptured...pick it up it won't dissapoint.

Lance your so right...Michael's stuff always sold at the store...anything he or Andy Tmmons did usually sold well...great music is just that...great music...I was more than happy to sell stuff by a musician of his caliber.