Salem Hill - Pennies in the Karma Jar

I like "Be" & "Mimi" so I guess I'm a fan of the band...there is so much IMO stuff out there that does nothing for me and I find boring that people go nuts for...I for one want to hear it...but if it's sucks I'll be the first to admit it.

This album also has a heavy "Christian" theme & personally, I am not a very big fan of these.

Good music is good music whether evil or Divine and Salem Hill make some good music so far anyways...I haven't heard the new CD but I'll be buying it and give it a shot.

If it really bothered me I wouldn't offer CDs by my friends from Glass Hammer. I don't care for any music that bludgeons me over the head with any form of religion or politics. I find it a bit offensive. If you present it in a subtle way then I just shrug and let the market decide.

:DSo Im Guessing you wont be Stocking the new (""Visual Cliff "") cd Ken:err:not that Im religuios or anything... I was thinking about getting the new Salem Hill cd also????

Just got in the SALEM HILL "Pennies From The Kharma Jar" yesterday along with their "Not Everybodys Gold" also...more good solid old scool retro prog/pomp rock stuff...excellent sound also...really like songs like the tune "The Day Is Yours" that clocks in at 14 mins...got that old Spocks Beard type sound very cool...also really like the killer acoustic song "Glimpes" a tasty acoustic guitar sound on that one.

A good altenative to some of that modern prog stuff with the harsh synthetic mechanical sound after a while...not saying it's bad...I like it all...just need to hear some classic old school stuff once in a while.

Oh yeah I like Glass Hammer a lot also...have them all but the last one that was more pop orientated...never really cared about their lyrics either...just love the music they make.