Mindflow Summer Tour Dates

They stand to cover their costs more by playing a lot, than to have lots of inbetween dates of doing nothing.

They are touring smart. They aren't expecting to have huge crowds at each date, they just want to play to anybody that will listen so they can cover their costs to get from one place to the next. They are also going to hit crowds that had never heard of them before, and they have a chance of making a lot of new fans and these new fans spreading the word. Best of luck to them on this tour!

Many major tours screw over opening bands. The money guaranteed to them is small, the dates on the tour can be sparse, and they might have no opportunity to schedule some of their own inbetween dates. And merch sales only go so far...

Then why are they playing Cornerstone?

I kinda wondered the same thing, really. Maybe Cstone is expanding to a "positive-oriented music festival".. which just seems a little odd, but a smart business move. I may actually consider going to Cstone again (first time since 2001!) because also one of me other "band of friends" is doing a reunion show - Rackets & Drapes! :headbang:

And yes the boys have a lot of money but they aren't millionaires. They are putting all this money into the tour because they are so passionate about playing and want to play as many places as they can. That's why I'm assuming a little food and hospitality along the way would be awesome :lol:

Their agent has been very nice to work with as been very patient with my target audience area. At least this time I will actually be able to see them since I wont have 2000% humidity destroying me along with the booze destroying me.

Edit: oh yeah I am the promoter now, I gotta behave til afterwards.

I'm hereby offering to help out with Atlanta hospitality, but I suspect Hoyt already has them taken care of. :)

Many major tours screw over opening bands. The money guaranteed to them is small, the dates on the tour can be sparse, and they might have no opportunity to schedule some of their own inbetween dates. And merch sales only go so far...

Also, opening bands, whether intentionally or not, often get truly awful monitor or house mixes from the sound guys. :rolleyes:

Excellent to know they'll be touring again so I can catch them.

Now I have to say. These guys must have a LOT of money. Let's be honest here, a band that does not have a name or much recognition (if any) outside of Brazil booking a 30+ date tour in places like the ones confirmed, sounds a little insane. If they're paying for this tour (which is very possible, let's face it), wouldn't it make more sense to pay for an opening slot in a more successful tour?

Depends on the tour. With an opening gig, there could be a buy on which could be even more expensive.

I do agree that this tour is very... ambitious... haha

Seeing a Raleigh date, thought I would try this band one more time (have said that a few times now), so....while heading to pick up some material in Lumberton I brought it along.....

....made it partially through the third song....and out it came....I just REALLY do not get this band.

Seeing a Raleigh date, thought I would try this band one more time (have said that a few times now), so....while heading to pick up some material in Lumberton I brought it along.....

....made it partially through the third song....and out it came....I just REALLY do not get this band.

A lot of people are in the same boat as you, they don't get the band, but i have to say I do, and I love their music, it's very deep, very passionate, and they love to play.

Yes this is an ambitious tour, but they will pull it off, and have fun doing it whether they make money or not. Hope everyone that can will make it out to a show near you, you will not be disappointed with their live show.

Jul 1 2008 U.S. Beer Company Chicago, Illinois
Jul 2 2008 Red Line Tap Chicago, Illinois

Phooey, no JJ Kelleys.

How do I decide which one? US Beer Company actually provides directions on their web site, and has the event already listed.

http://www.usbeercompany.com/

Red Line's web site sucks ass, there are no easily found directions, and the event isn't listed yet, but their beer selection looks damn promising!

http://www.heartlandcafe.com/rl_index.htm

What to do? What to do?

Ken

Depends on the tour. With an opening gig, there could be a buy on which could be even more expensive.

I do agree that this tour is very... ambitious... haha

Still though, wouldn't you rather pay a little bit more and have the chance to perform in front of a crowd that's bigger and more likely to become fans and spread the word about you than play 250 concerts at little bars with possibly no more than 20, 30 people at each of them? I mean, it just makes more sense to me.

A successful opening tour with fewer shows is in my opinion worth more than a piss-poor long headlining tour with no people showing up at the gigs.

Ambitious to say the least. Then again, these guys are loaded. If they can afford it, I say go for it. I may not agree 100% they're touring smart, simply because of the turn-out at their shows. Just ask anyone who went to their shows last year, I doubt any of them had more than 100 people. (Aside from Texas Madfest, of course).

Phooey, no JJ Kelleys.

How do I decide which one? US Beer Company actually provides directions on their web site, and has the event already listed.

http://www.usbeercompany.com/

Red Line's web site sucks ass, there are no easily found directions, and the event isn't listed yet, but their beer selection looks damn promising!

http://www.heartlandcafe.com/rl_index.htm

What to do? What to do?

Ken

I think US Beer Company actually has a stage and some space, where as Red Line Tap will have the band on the floor in some very tight, cramped quarters if I'm thinking of the place correctly. Either place will be an interesting change from the Pearl Room or House of Blues...

They are asking local bands to help open for them, to draw even more people. Suspyre will be playing the June 25th show at the Galapagos Art Space in Brooklyn. Hope to see you some of you there!

WOW!!!!! That will be a great show, wish I could make that one also, but I can't. Oh By the way They will(hopefully) be doing a show at Chic's in El Paso on May 31, it's gonna be a great night, Opening for them will be STRAIGHT RAZOR SUICIDE, a band from El Paso in the same vein as VOLBEAT (Rockabilly Metal as i call it) Plus one more to be announced.

Who are they touring with? If it was in the thread, I didn't catch it. Thanks.

Zod

as far as I know Zod, they are not touring with anyone. They are just asking local bands and promoters (such as myself) to set up shows for them to come into. Since they are not widely known yet, hopefully this will work out for them in most cases. I think I've built a pretty good show around them with Meyvn visiting from Texas and perhaps the three strongest local true metal bands in the Atlanta scene.

:headbang: