Mixes, trading, letters, etc

dcowboys311

Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
A few months ago, I ordered an album from eBay. The package came in, and on the underside of the envelope was a massive, handwritten list of bands and albums to check out. It's always a great feeling to receive music in the mail, but a personalized touch like that was very much appreciated and got me thinking. I like a)writing letters, b)getting and sending packages, and c)learning about and exposing others to new music. Would anyone be interested in a metal pen-pal type thing, sending mix CDs, albums, letters, drawings, notes, whatever? Is this idea dumb? No financial investment aside from postage, just burnt CDs or things like that.

not a bad idea....we used to do this with live show trading on vhs. If a show was like 80 minutes...you always added extra clips to fill the tape for the other person to check out. Discovered some cool bands this way.

Yeah that's how I first discovered most metal bands in the 80s was from tape trading
Mainly trading live shows and demos.

And yes Bob - I still have a dub of the Squadron demo from back in the day!!!!

Cool, if anyone wants something, PM me your address. I can't promise anything until mid-late June because of conferences and school, but I will get to it sooner than later.

I am always down for a good trade. I am most interested in trading local for local material. So Where ever you are from vs. from where I am from. I have quite a lot of Michigan demos and albums that I am very interested in swapping with people from around the globe or the States. email me and we can get this going.