Morphelia - Waken The Nightmare now in stock

Ken is dead on the mark on this gem of a release. I've had it for a while and It is fantastic. This one easily belongs in any prog fan's collection.:headbang:

So you're a neo-prog hater Ken? :mad:
(does that also mean you hate neo-prog lovers? :lol:)

Just ordered it! :headbang:

Im thinking about this one, Being Neo-prog is my fav....please convince me more , my luck lately isnt that good...:loco:

Big Big Train is next on my order list, but Ken is swaying me with his review of the Morphelia disc. Decisions, decisions.......

Ok, Ken on order.....Happy now.....:):)(Morphelia) good way to sell cds!!!! (There flying out of here)

I have long acknowledged that I am not a neoprog fan. Simply - I need more complexity in my music than what most of these bands offer. Of course there are exceptions. When the New Wave Of British Progressive Rock started up I was right there - I bought the Grendel EP when it came out. I bought Arrive Alive as soon as it was available. Early stuff from IQ and Pendragon as well. The first two Twelfth Night albums are fantastic and I love The Sentinel (big fan). It was all extremely exciting at the time. The thing is over the years the neoprog movement focuses on long, ponderous songs that were stripped of complexity. It was as though the material these bands were writing was designed for radio airplay. Mostly the kind of bands that were being released on SI Music was the stuff I really disliked.

So no, its not a hard fast rule that I hate neoprog. In the past years I've become more respectful and fond of IQ's recent efforts. Something like Morphelia stands out because its the little things that are going on in the music - some real interesting instrumental passages that elevate the album above the run of the mill.

I am always spinning "The Wake"" & ""Ever" :headbang::kickass: And when "Dark Matter" was released. It totally blew me away...Good Explanation Ken, I respect that..

Ken,
Are you referring to “Fact & Fiction” & ”Art & Illusion” (or “Smiling At Grief”)?

Live At The Target and Fact & Fiction. 2 great albums.

In fact Twelfth Night might well have been my favorite neo band of the 80s.