Most embarassing album you have ever owned?

You bastards! Ace of Base ruled! 'The Sign' was one of the first single songs I ever really really liked! I've got the single on CD! But, hehe, I bet no-one can beat;

DISNEY'S HIT SINGLES!

Hehe, and I actually asked for that for my birthday some years back. I'm not ashamed of it though to be honest, I give it a spin bi-yearly, it injects a childhood energy and innocence into my spirit that I seem to have lost somewhere down the line. I just wish the Lion King songs had been the ones in the film (sung by the female) instead of Elton John.....'Can You Feel The Love Tonight' doesn't sound as good by him.

Oh man, my biggest piece of shit I bought was Pet Shop Boys and the album was Introspective. Man that was sad !!

Mind you in '87 that was when I started to get into metal with Megadeth and Metallica.

Those were the good ole days..

Originally posted by xenophobe
When I was five or six I owned a couple of Village People vinyls. :guh: :puke:
when you were 5 it does not really matter. however when i was five i got a copy of back in black AC/DC so........ i suppose that i always had a small amount of good taste.

I agree with Mountain Man that there's nothing to be ashamed of! I have over 1000 records, so I can't just listen to one type of music. I mainly listen to 60's and 70's stuff if that is embarassing (which I don't think). The closest thing I will come to embarassing is The Proclaimers, I think. I have their record "Sunshine on leith", which is the one with "I'm gonna be (500 miles)" (that one "And I'm gonna walk 500 miles and I'm gonna walk 500 more. Da da dan da, da da dan da..."). I mostly bought it for fun though and I think I've only heard it once.
The other thing that comes closest to embarrasing is The Corrs. I have their first cd "Forgiven, not forgotten", which I bought because of the track "Toss the feathers". I found out that it also has another good song, "Closer". Besides that it's pure crap! I also like their song "Radio", which I think is from their "In blue" album. Their lead singer is pretty good looking too! :D
I also have a Disney record. It's "Walt Disney's merriest songs". It bought it for the song "Chim chim cheree" from the "Mary Poppins" movie, which is a superb song! Julie Andrews voice is gold on that song too!
I luckily don't have any of that early 90's disco (Ace of Base, 2 Unlimited etc.). Basically I just like good music and I don't care who makes it!

Guns N' Roses' "Apettite for destruction" is still among the 10 best records I have!!!! I started listening to them around '90 or '91 I think. When I got into black metal and other stuff harder than GN'R I kind of dropped them. Later I kind of dropped all metal, but when I got back into metal I realised how great a record "Apetitte.." really is! Even though it's from '87 it doesn't seem 80's to me, like so much else from the 80's seem and "Nightrain" is my favorite metal track of all time (even though it's more heavy rock)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by npearce
What is the most embarassing album you have ever owned? I will get the thread started by saying that I used to own Bad English. They had that song "When I See You Smile". Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I think I still own that cassette. My sister still listens to it.

I once bought Korn- Follow the Leader and Kid Rock- Devil without a cause when they came out

*puts gun to head*

Originally posted by OceanMech
There was NO G n R greatist hits pack. There WAS, however, the poorly handled Live Era album

Yeah, i know, it's a burned compilation I made of my favorite GNR tracks. I'm suprised people didnt stone me for having it. Instad I was supported. :p

I don't support you saying owning GN'R stuff is embarrassing!! One of the concerts I still want to see the most is a GN'R concert! Although Axl (and the most indefferent member EVER Dizzy Reed) are the only ones left I would go see them if they come to Europe! They were scheduled for Roskild Festival last year but cancelled and also cancelled their European tour after that.
I have Gorky Park's first album on original casette - It's the one with "Bang" on it. I don't listen to it anymore, but I think "Bang" is great when you're drinking. I think I was too late to get caught up in the 80's hair metal. I listened too Cliff Richard when I was little. My father gave me some tapes of his, so he kind of "decided" my taste in music. My first "own" taste was Run DMC and a Danish rap-band called Mc Einar.
I also listen to disco! Not 90's/2000's disco like Kylie Minogue and so on, but 70's disco. There's loads of that stuff that's gross as hell (Bee Gees, Amii Stewart, Gloria Gaynor's "I will survive"), but I think there's some of the stuff that's good - the more funky shit, like Diana Ross' "Upside down" & "My old piano", Sister Sledge's "He's the greatest dancer", Ptrice Rushen stuff and so on. I also have a lot of funk stuff from that era, so the gap between those two aren't that big.
Oh yeah, my dad also gave me Boney M's "Nightflight to Venus" on tape when I was small. I think they belong in the gross disco department, but I must admit that "Rasputin" is a good song, but it's also the only song I like by them!
If we were to talk about crappy music we have put on, it's something different. I can post a lot of shit as I buy records all the time and sometime I get some really awful shit!