Most overlooked bands on Sensory/Laser's Edge

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
To me, the three that immediately spring to mind are Suspyre, Degree Absolute, and Wastefall. I absolutely love the third Suspyre disc and think it just got unfairly ignored by the tech metal fans who also enjoy a good dose of avant in their music. The Degree Absolute album was great, very experimental. I don't remember anyone talking about it either. Wastefall received more recognition obviously, but more so for their second album Soulrain 21 than its Sensory follow-up.

I have no idea how any of these discs did sales wise, but based on many reviews and message boards I've followed, these are three great bands that deserved more than they got, IMO.

Any thoughts?

I'd say there's a few that have been under the radar..... Maybe a brief bit of talk, then nothing. Of course, a chunk of that rests on bands that release one or two good albums, then fall off the face of the planet.

Some of my favorites that never seemed to take off were NovAct, Pantommind, and Stride.

Wastefall and Suspyre are both great bands. I've seen some recognition for Suspyre but not so much for Wastefall.

I'm really stoked that Wastefall got back together (sans drummer), I wonder if their next album will be on Sensory.

No - it will not. If you want to check out a very overlooked release of ours check out a different Greek band - Dakrya. Quirky band creating clever progressive metal. So far they haven't gained any traction but deserve it.

I'd say there's a few that have been under the radar..... Maybe a brief bit of talk, then nothing. Of course, a chunk of that rests on bands that release one or two good albums, then fall off the face of the planet.

Some of my favorites that never seemed to take off were NovAct, Pantommind, and Stride.

God I love Pantommind & Stride......:kickass: I wore out"'Shade of Fate""

Stride-----(Imagine) is great
"""""""------Music Machine ( IMO) wasnt that good

No - it will not. If you want to check out a very overlooked release of ours check out a different Greek band - Dakrya. Quirky band creating clever progressive metal. So far they haven't gained any traction but deserve it.
I picked Crime Scene up when it came out, definitely interesting. Not my cup of tea personally but I was surprised they didn't get more attention, definitely one for the Diablo Swing Orchestra/Mechanical Poet/Unexpect crowd.

The Diablo Swing Orchestra, Suspyre and Spiral Architect are still getting many spins which makes them my favorites.

I like the Dakrya also along with most of the bands that are on Ken's labels...

Love the Suspyre disc...Pantommind is very good but no where near as good as the Suspyre...that band really has a lot of twists and turns and the CD sounds phenomenal.

Another one that was good I thought was the Hungarian band Nemesis.