Multiple topics

entropywins

May 6, 2009
First, is anyone here going to any of the Rush Time Machine Tour shows?
I'm going on Seprtember 18th to the Bristow, VA show.

Next, I thought it might be intersting to see what musical guilty pleasures us progheads have when we're not progging out to something. I'll get it going.
As embarrassing as it is to admit, lately I've been revisiting the hairmetal days and listening to Ratt. Let the fun begin!!

Finally, this band put Djents in my head. A dutch band called Celice--some crazy wack-ass Djent metal. There last album was called "Deranged Headtrip".
Any chance you could bring this in Ken?? I can't find it anywhere.

Have a good 4th ya'll!

Funny you should mention this , I was listening to "'Demons & Wizards''(Uriah Heep) last night while I was playing My season of """MLB The Show 10"" at 1:00 Am..:headbang:

Its Cilice. Don't think I can sell enough of something like this to bring it in but I'll do some detective work.

When I'm not listening to prog I am usually immersed in the jazz world. Been spending a lot of time there the past five years.

If you ever Find ""Miles Davis"' ( Bitches Brew) 2 cd or box set, Ill jump on it .My brother had the album I think around 1969 or 1970. He lost it in a move ,,from P.A. to Minn,, ( Mayflower) probably stole it back then????):hotjump:

My guilty pleasures mostly reside with Irish bands:

U2
Clannad
Horslips
Thin Lizzy, etc....

I've also been a long time fan of Tim and Neil Finn's various projects.

Then there is The Waterboys and World Party.

Carbon Leaf is another band I used to enjoy quite a bit. Their early stuff had much Celtic influence than their newer more mainstream pop style.
Echo Echo was a great album!

Louis Armstrong, Ella, Johnny Winter, Blood Sweat and Tears, System of a Down(Toxicity).

Enjoy Independence Day.

Carbon Leaf is another band I used to enjoy quite a bit. Their early stuff had much Celtic influence than their newer more mainstream pop style.
Echo Echo was a great album!

The beauty of this forum is finding out about bands you know nothing about, such is the case with Carbon Leaf. I just checked out Echo Echo, liked what I heard and ordered it.

Thanks for mentioning them.:wave:

I am going to three Rush shows: Camden NJ, Allentown PA, and Holmdel NJ

I have a lot of guilty pleasures when it comes to non-prog music, but to give one I'll say power pop such as Dada, Matthew Sweet, the Posies, Collective Soul, Candlebox (esp their first album), Better Than Ezra, Bob Mould and Sugar, etc.

I'm not sure if I answered right cause I'm not guilty about any. But I just had to add Steely Dan -- Citizen Steely Dan.
Many great cuts. Frequent non-prog listen.

I often listen to ""Selling England by the pound, Lamb on broadway & Wind and Wuthering & Trick of the tail....:headbang::kickass:

Ahhhhhh, Blood, Sweat and Tears. Add that to some pre-sappy Chicago, Lighthouse and Edgar Winters Roadwork. There's some fine listenin'.

Some of you may recall the band "The Refreshments" and their big late 90's radio hit "Banditos". Well, when they broke up, the main guy, Roger Clyne formed a band called Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers comprised of members of the defucnt Refreshments and the Gin Blossoms.
Roger is a top notch song writer and these guys play some great Rock 'n Roll with blues, country and americana touches all thrown together with some desert southwestern flavor. It's a tasty stew.

Check out the albums Americano and No More beautiful World.
Great feel good music.

I still enjoy listening to psychedelic stuff from the late 60s: Airplane, Dead, Love, Country Joe & The Fish, Mad River, Ultimate Spinach...you get the picture...

Ahhhhhh, Blood, Sweat and Tears. Add that to some pre-sappy Chicago, Lighthouse and Edgar Winters Roadwork. There's some fine listenin'.

Man, how did the Chicago Transit Authority morph into the sap? There's some kick ass moments on their debut-- a well balanced album.